Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I don't if it's the worst but did look poor to me

They bought it second hand and tried to save a few quid by fitting it themselves. It ended up getting condemned as it was deemed unsafe. I think it was at that point they got a professional company in to sort it out as best they could was never any good though. That was several years ago though and I know they've gone through a change of ownership since then.

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
There are plenty of non league fixtures tonight but I think I'll stay local and head to Littlehampteon v Loxwood.
Tomorrow off to Kingstonian v Worthing in the League Cup.

Heading off to Dorking v Oxford City to tick off the meadowbank, thinking of possibly going to Kingstonian but the draw of Bridon Ropes v Croydon in SCEFL Division 1 is too great I think.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Bognor Regis Town v Corinthian Casuals tonight at Nyewood Lane.

It's the first game back in the Rocks' dugout in five years for Jamie Howell who has rejoined the Rocks coaching staff after departing Kingstonian.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Just noticed that Oakwood FC v Mile Oak is scheduled to be played this Friday so another game I'll try and get to.
Tweet from Mile Oak suggests that the game is taking place at Hailsham FC for some reason.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Littlehampton 3-0 Loxwood this evening. Not a vintage performance from the home team, but a much needed three points on the back of a run of poor form. Two penalties, either side of a welll worked George Gaskin goal, did the job against an away side who were vastly improved on the last time I saw them play (a 13-0 reverse against the same opponents last November). Marigolds top, four points clear of Newhaven in second, with a game in hand. Gaskin's second, Littlehampton's third, was our 100th league goal of the season!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Just noticed that Oakwood FC v Mile Oak is scheduled to be played this Friday so another game I'll try and get to.
Tweet from Mile Oak suggests that the game is taking place at Hailsham FC for some reason.

Was also planning on going to this, and just noticed that, how odd, SCFL list as Oakwood. Oh well, looks like my Friday night could end up being lost in a housing estate in Crawley.

UPDATE: Just enquired with the club and it is at Oakwood.

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Dorking Wanderers 1-0 Oxford City, two teams at the top of the league. Nice ground with a decent little terrace, strange to segregate the stadium though, considering the Oxford City end I was in, there was about 40 people in the away end. With a very impressive attendance of over 1,400, Oxford City still managed to make the most noise with UB40, Salt n Pepper and Shanks & Bigfoot inspired songs. A tight game in which Oxford really deserved a point out of, stood next to number 3’s dad, who was easily their stand out player. The great Adam’s brother Sami El-Abd, made a brief substitute appearance for Dorking. They also had Moretti on tap, very nice!

36C4F081-4A27-4531-B3EF-3FE70573E2E8.jpeg

Oxford City’s mighty away contingent
00CD18BB-ADA9-447D-AD7F-C47F8D526D80.jpeg

Oxford City’s many flags
378F868A-0628-4F01-A45A-51DD03222027.jpeg

Last edited:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Up to The Beacon today to see Hassocks get stuffed 4-1 by Bexhill

View attachment 144466

Wow the Beacon , looks amazing in your photo . Will have to make a visit when possible .

BTW , I make it 21 games unbeaten in the league for Bexhill United , including wins over title contenders Saltdean and Littlehampton

Should be a decent turnout at the Polegrove tonight for the local derby against Little Comman

Kick Off at 7.30

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Chichester City 2-1 Burgess Hill, att. 241

Poor game - horrible bobbly pitch did nobody any favours.

Chi 2-0 up after about 30 minutes. Hill never got going until a late onslaught, as the hosts fell into the trap of sitting really deep.

Chi right back Ryan Davidson, the standout player on the field. Great performance from him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We had the pleasure of welcoming Sally Gunnell to Gorings Mead last Saturday, she was there to support her sons Finn and Marley Bigg who were in the AFC Varndeanians line up.

A nice lady, very understated l thought, politely refused a half time cup of tea in the boardroom, or even a seat in the stand, preferring to stand on the touchline and cheer her two boys on. It obviously had an effect in their unexpected 3-0 win. :(

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We had the pleasure of welcoming Sally Gunnell to Gorings Mead last Saturday, she was there to support her sons Finn and Marley Bigg who were in the AFC Varndeanians line up.

A nice lady, very understated l thought, politely refused a half time cup of tea in the boardroom, or even a seat in the stand, preferring to stand on the touchline and cheer her two boys on. It obviously had an effect in their unexpected 3-0 win. :(

Nice to hear how grounded she is despite being a former world and Olympic champion. Imagine what some ex footballers would’ve been like!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Varndeanians Won? Must be only what like 20 points off survival now?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Dorking Wanderers 1-0 Oxford City, two teams at the top of the league. Nice ground with a decent little terrace, strange to segregate the stadium though, considering the Oxford City end I was in, there was about 40 people in the away end. With a very impressive attendance of over 1,400, Oxford City still managed to make the most noise with UB40, Salt n Pepper and Shanks & Bigfoot inspired songs. A tight game in which Oxford really deserved a point out of, stood next to number 3’s dad, who was easily their stand out player. The great Adam’s brother Sami El-Abd, made a brief substitute appearance for Dorking. They also had Moretti on tap, very nice!

View attachment 144604

Oxford City’s mighty away contingent
View attachment 144605

Oxford City’s many flags
View attachment 144606

Nice pics. Looks like a good place to watch football.

"One team in Oxford" indeed. I think there's a whole book to be written on people who are devoted to the worst team in their area – Port Vale, Notts County, Oxford City, Edinburgh City ... I really admire them but do wonder why they put themselves through it sometimes!

Enjoyable day at Chatham last saturday. 3-0 winners over Erith in SCEFL Premier. My fourth visit this season with a 100% record. Interesting to see a very rotund forward playing for Chatham who was Danny Kedwell, ex-Gillingham player. He did show some glimpses of quality at that level, including an assist for the first goal, until he ran out of steam in the second half.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Varndeanians Won? Must be only what like 20 points off survival now?

Lol along with East Preston still cut off at the bottom of the table yes. Apparantly they have just signed eight new players now, and have a new manager too. It certainly showed on Saturday, they were by far the better team, and we at YM were lucky to score nil.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here