Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The News interviewers..

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Do they get tipped the wink, by the old bill in high profile cases. Remember thinking there was something "not quite right" about Ian Huntley all them years ago. Then again the other day, I said to my missus, that the landlord of murder victim from Bristol, looked a bit dodgy. Low and behold, he is now the prime suspect. Coincidence??...I dont think so.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The police obviously knew more than they let on - but more likely, I suspect, is that almost all murders are committed by someone well known to the victim, and that is usually quite a narrow range of people. The news people generally interview anyone who had any sort of connection they can find, so it'd not really surprising if they talk to a suspect.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There could be something, I think the same is true on the TV appeals, I bet they have their best psycologists watching the broadcasts very very closely. After all in many cases its the family/husband/boyfriend who end up having done it.

I suppose its the hope that during the "exciting" tv interview process an inconsistency may show up

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I still think its very wrong that when ever an arrest is made in a high profile case names are released very quickly. The landlord may well have done it but if he is released without charge he will be hindered with that for the rest of his life. Innocent until proven guilty and all that (Just using him as a quick example have no idea if he is guilty or not).

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I still think its very wrong that when ever an arrest is made in a high profile case names are released very quickly. The landlord may well have done it but if he is released without charge he will be hindered with that for the rest of his life. Innocent until proven guilty and all that (Just using him as a quick example have no idea if he is guilty or not).

I always think that these things ought to be not disclosed until a conviction has been laid down, but I think in practical terms, it's probably impossible, especially in a world where the press are digging into everything in high profile cases. Rape is one that always worries me, anyone wrongly or maliciously accused of rape can never live without it following them around and people thinking there is no smoke without fire (I am in no way defending the guilty here - you can do what you like to them)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Innocent until proven guilty, quite.. What about no smoke without fire?.Im not saying he is guilty but the old bill dont just nick people and release their names for the hell of it. They must have very strong suspisions and a fair deal of evedence, even if not conclusive. Im no fan of the police and mistakes have been made( and big ones) in the past. But they are not fools, at that level. Even if the ones that stand outside footie grounds are!!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
The problem is that may murderers think they are more clever than they are. In this case the landlord was not in the picture until he came up with the stupid statement that he had seen the victim leave the flat with two other people.

He was arrested 12 hours later.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The problem is that may murderers think they are more clever than they are. In this case the landlord was not in the picture until he came up with the stupid statement that he had seen the victim leave the flat with two other people.

He was arrested 12 hours later.

I'm not sure it was quite like that. Apparently he'd been saying the same to neighbours for a few days, and I'm sure, as someone who lived in the same house, he would have been early on the polices list to interview - for info, rather than as a suspect - and he must have said it to them then, otherwise it would have been obvious if he changed his story.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Read a bit about this chap today, & he's quite an oddball, but by the same token an unlikely murderer.

We were talking about the fact that her keys were left indoors & there was no obvious sign of a struggle, which leads to the theory that she probably left her place with someone who had keys also. Still, what do we know? I'm sure the plod will come up with enough evidence, otherwise this guy will have to be released into the full glare of the media & public opinion.

Mind you, the plod were sure about that Stagg bloke with the Rachel Nickell case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here