Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The NEW SONG thread (no moaning or cringing)

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
I think my personal highlight of this thread is someone suggesting we could use "there's no limits" as a new song, but suggesting we'd be "stealing" it. Deary me.

Also, anyone suggesting songs for one of our 3 players who already has one, rather than our 20 who don't, is an idiot.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
i still cannot believe Sussex by the Sea doesn't get the full treatment it deserves with the original words.

also, as someone said, the CMS song becomes infinitely better once you introduce the verse.

i realise this isn't really adding much, except to get out some frustration!
it's really easy to shoot down song suggestions, but ultimately, just look at that man city video. how much fun are they having?! plus they're supporting their team - surely the perfect result of a football chant. probably looked crap on paper initially though. (plus it's Kurt Nogan's song but that's another argument!!)

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I think my personal highlight of this thread is someone suggesting we could use "there's no limits" as a new song, but suggesting we'd be "stealing" it. Deary me.

Also, anyone suggesting songs for one of our 3 players who already has one, rather than our 20 who don't, is an idiot.

Your back under this account :bigwave:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Yes I know this would be "stealing" but this tune is catchy and so so simple to learn.. For Bruno and El-Abd, can also work with Bridcutt, Dobbie, David, Kuzsczak, Dicker.
we wouldn't be stealing it, we sung it about Kurt Nogan YEARS ago :thumbsup:

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
The whole chorus of hey jude with na na brighton at the end.heard it being sung on a train to palace last season sounded good. Praise u defiantly should be sung especially at the end of games when they play it in the stadium after a win

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i still cannot believe Sussex by the Sea doesn't get the full treatment it deserves with the original words.

also, as someone said, the CMS song becomes infinitely better once you introduce the verse.

i realise this isn't really adding much, except to get out some frustration!
it's really easy to shoot down song suggestions, but ultimately, just look at that man city video. how much fun are they having?! plus they're supporting their team - surely the perfect result of a football chant. probably looked crap on paper initially though. (plus it's Kurt Nogan's song but that's another argument!!)

Krispies was singing his heart out to it at the last home. All (guessing) seven verses. Apart from the know one, which me and couple of others and a whippet joined in, the silence was deafening.

Songs have to be quick, catchy and a certain something to be liked, and joined in with. Quite frankly, I attempt to start a tune of two, and as I am sure you are aware it's jolly hard work.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
The whole chorus of hey jude with na na brighton at the end.heard it being sung on a train to palace last season sounded good. Praise u defiantly should be sung especially at the end of games when they play it in the stadium after a win

I normally try to sing along, but my voice is knackered by then!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The Praise You song really does need to happen.. It would be easier for this to catch on rather than some of the other suggestions. The north stand or when we've got a vocal away support it needs to be tried out..

We've come a long, long way together,
Through the hard times and the good,
We have to, celebrate you Brighton,
We have to praise you Tony Bloom

We've come a long, long way together,
Through the hard times and the good,
We have to, celebrate you Brighton,
We have to praise you Tony Bloom

I like that.

It's easy, short and everyone should be able to remember it.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
So, everyone seems pretty set on the Praise You then? Trial at Hudds and then at the next home game?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
If we start Praise You:

PLEASE CAN WE DO IT SLOWLY?

It would sound crap sped up and with clapping.

Like about 10 seconds into this would be PERFECT.

YouTube

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Well will make sure to listen out and join in from N1D when I hear it.

Will probably be on my own but still will give it a shot.

:thumbs up:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
12 days of Christmas but an Albion version?

Replace Cantona with someone else , it's sound awesome IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here