Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Other (Please State)

Votes: 17 17.9%

• Total voters

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Booker is the one person which holds the morale of the team together. He is the link between manager and players. If he then became manager, his role would change, the banter would diminish, the morale would go, and the respect may not necessarily be there for someone who was 'one of the boys'.

Bad move, IMO. His role currently is invaluable - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Lush said:
Can you put Tony Adams on the list?
I thought he may be a bit out of DKs wage range, i may be wrong, perhaps he should have been included but i wasn't sure...

Lush

Mods' Pet
What we badly need is someone with tactical nous. We don't need a motivator, but someone who has the respect of the players, does their homework on other teams and comes up with a game plan that everyone feels comfortable with. Oh - and someone who has ideas for setpieces would be nice!

Who would be a good choice with this in mind?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Danny Wilson - after his reception here last time, he might be convinced

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Hamilton said:
Danny Wilson - after his reception here last time, he might be convinced

No way. He was the ruination of Sheff Wed two years ago.

Brovian said:
TGC - This is just who we'd like to see. Naturally we wouldn't dream of approaching Oldham or signalling our intentions in any way.

I think it's who people want - meaning we would all be happy if we got him. If he's only on a monthly contract then we wouldn't need to do anything illegal. But it's probably as morally corrupt as Reading if we do get him. But I wouldn't mind too much and I doubt anyone else would. Cut throat business football.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Again DK would have to pay compensation to Brizzle if he wanted Danny Wilson, he wont be able to afford to do it, thats why Danny isn't on the list.

:(

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
Tony Adams for me..... He would get a team that is doing well and have the rest of the season to show he is a good manager when he is working with limited resources. He may make some errors but in our position and with the players we have there is no danger of us being relegated.

At the end of the season, when we have permission for Falmer, he will be able to bring his own players in if he wants to and next season would be able to prove himself.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
My 'other' vote is for Gerry Armstrong.... Think the chances of him coming are slim - At the moment he commentates on the Spanish league for Sky but I think he is extremly tactically astute and must have some good contacts in the game!

What do other people reckon?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
It seems the fans favourite is Mr Dowie...

dowiefortuna.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here