• Joe Kinnear

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Other (Please State)

Votes: 17 17.9%

• Total voters

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
From where i am sitting there are only 4 candidates affordable to DK, two of which are out of work, one is on a week to week contract and the other is currently with us...

Which of these 4 would you like to take over the managers job?

If anyone can think of any others please say in your post...

P.S. I'm 100% behind Joe Kinnear, reason being he has been tested at the highest level and has more contacts in the game than all those others put together!

Booker cant happen surely? Appointing from within does not work, we've been there more than once to know that!

Cotterill has done well at lower levels but isn't upto this level i dont think, doesn't really have many contacts in the game!

Dowie would be my second choice but again not really tested at a higher level than this which is what we are going to need!

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Booker, DK has got to get an internal appointment right one day :D

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
Voted "other"

Nigel Clough must have realised by now that Burton Albion have reached their peak at mid-table in the Conference.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Dowie for me,

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Dowie or Tony Adams.

Doesn't matter though does it? Either way they won't be here for long .......

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Dowie-so long as Bob Booker stays.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The only one in that list i am not in favour of is Cotterill. He strikes me as the kind of person that would do what our previous 4 managers have done, jump ship at the slightest hint of a 'better' offer.

I would love to see Joe Kinnear down here, he would have loads of contacts as trigger says and i would also agree that Dowie would be a good choice.

I've just voted Dowie and see I'm in the majority. Interesting, isn't it, how fickle we can be. Talk about kicking a club when they're down - Oldham fighting for their lives and we want to take their prize asset. I know it's eye for an eye and all that but Oldham losing Dowie will be at least a big a blow to them as us losing Coppell, if not more. If we're calling Madjeski a :censored: , what will they say about DK?

SiNZ

Oct 2, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
Booker, DK has got to get an internal appointment right one day :D

I've said it before: why was Booker not an option before when Hinshelwood was appointed? Does he even want to be manager? I suspect not.

Kinnear gets my vote.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
TGC - This is just who we'd like to see. Naturally we wouldn't dream of approaching Oldham or signalling our intentions in any way.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
ditchy said:
how about Nigel Clough !!
Reason he's not there is because DK would have to give Burton Albion compensation, thats hardly likely to happen with DKs budget is it? But who knows DK may prove me wrong...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Brovian said:
TGC - This is just who we'd like to see. Naturally we wouldn't dream of approaching Oldham or signalling our intentions in any way.
Dont think it matters if we do approach him, he's out of contract at the end of each week!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here