Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The new Albion DVD - 08-09 pt 2

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Wow, how HUNKY does Gary Hart look? I don't appreciate how fit some of our players are during the season, but once you see them in their own clothes they look amazing.

He was wearing a very tight fitting white t shirt at Crawley :)

McLeod bought a hotdog for himself. Although that's another thread all by itself. But he was looking lean.

2. Just how INJURED did murray look for that 2nd Leeds goal. The fella could barely move, let alone chase back. How the f*** Adams and Stewart arrived at the conclusion that he could play a part that afternoon just shows how bloody amateurish we were last season. DISASTROUS decision that ruled our top striker out for the run-in.

My recollection is that we were down to the bare bones of the squad by that time and if anyone was showing the sightest semblance of being fit enough to pull on a pair of boots and sit on a bench then he was in.

Glenn Murray could miss Albion's glamour home game against Leeds on Saturday.

The 11-goal leading marksman has not trained all week, due to a recurrence of a stomach strain.

Manager Micky Adams told The Argus today: "He is doubtful.

"It's something he had an injection for earlier on in the season and it has just flared up."

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
It's good as a freebie, but I'm disappointed. One little thing, on the Tranmere game it shows 1 clip, and it's of Davies booting it wide V Northampton. One big thing, I sort of liked Hart talking through the escape, but it would of been nice to see better highlights of the matches. Bristol Rovers was incredible but on the DVD it just seems like a decent away result, when it should of shown the fans more, more commentry, Slade going mental at the end and just general celebrations. Utterly disappointed.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Only watched about half of it so far but the worst things about the DVD for me (excluding our defending/goalkeeping obviously) were:

-Gary Hart's skin-tight blue vest- dear God, Gary, what were you THINKING? A man in his thirties should never wear such a garment unless he is David Beckham, Brad Pitt, or taking part in the Pride parade. Absolutely horrific.

-Jim McNulty's voice. Great player, but I confess I haven't heard him speak before, and had no idea what a high pitched voice and heavy Liverpool accent he has. I've never heard so many eeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrms in one interview. What with him, McLeod and seemingly Navarro on the way, it appears Slade is trying to build himself a little Scousertown-on-Sea.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Just realised McNulty should know Navarro quite well from his Macclesfield days.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
It's good as a freebie, but I'm disappointed. One little thing, on the Tranmere game it shows 1 clip, and it's of Davies booting it wide V Northampton. One big thing, I sort of liked Hart talking through the escape, but it would of been nice to see better highlights of the matches. Bristol Rovers was incredible but on the DVD it just seems like a decent away result, when it should of shown the fans more, more commentry, Slade going mental at the end and just general celebrations. Utterly disappointed.

We rely on home clubs for away footage, and the B Rovers film crew didn't film the epic celebrations at the end...

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Sounds good.

I got a season ticket last season, not getting one this season, am i right in thinking i purchased this dvd with last seasons ticket? or should i have got 2 dvd's last season?

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Sounds good.

I got a season ticket last season, not getting one this season, am i right in thinking i purchased this dvd with last seasons ticket? or should i have got 2 dvd's last season?

You should receive a DVD in the post (and letter inviting you to renew!).

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
its pretty good for a freebie. stop complaining!

next time round though, could you show more match footage please. misses and incidents etc as well as the goals. i thought mcnulty came across fairly well if you can get past the scouse accent, and harty is and always will be a legend. 6 injections just to try and play a part in our survival match - this guy gives blood for the cause whenever asked no question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here