Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The murder thats on the news...

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
My brother in law works for the Coroners office in the morgue in Sydney. He receives body parts from murders where the body is unidentifiable and he and his team work out who it was and how they died. He says the smell is very distinct and remains in your nose for a very long time afterwards.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
and as usual the USA glorify the whole process with CSI Miami!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My brother in law works for the Coroners office in the morgue in Sydney. He receives body parts from murders where the body is unidentifiable and he and his team work out who it was and how they died. He says the smell is very distinct and remains in your nose for a very long time afterwards.

Oh god, yes it does. The most decomposed one I've ever dealt with had been in situ for about six weeks.

Without wishing to spoil anyone's dinner, it really is a hundred times worse than anything else you'll ever encounter. I had to, er, babysit a similar corpse for several hours until CID, the coroners etc had done their stuff, and then the city mortuary staff were able to take him away.

If it's bad enough when someone's just lying there, what happens when they actually move the body is just unbearable. Makes your eyes water.

I went home from work that day and sat in the bath for about an hour. When I went in for my next shift, I still kept getting whiffs of it, even on stuff like my kit belt.

PS a lot of the mortuary staff don't even notice it, they deal with it so much. I've seen them move corpses about and not even wear gloves (even maggotty ones)
:eek::sick:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
p'ah. Call that tough?

As a chartered accountant I have to deal with smelly accountants and decomposing sandwiches in drawers every day.

I'd quit the gig but the chicks go crazy for chartered accountants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here