Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most PATHETIC sporting performance you have ever seen?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Your opinion mate....... personally think 'you have ever seen' means I used my eyes..... but it's up to you.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That fight between Fraudley Harrison and Danny Williams (where nobody threw any punches, just 36 minutes of two blokes leaning on each other) was without doubt one of the most pathetic sporting spectacles I have ever witnessed. I was embarrassed for both of them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That fight between Fraudley Harrison and Danny Williams (where nobody threw any punches, just 36 minutes of two blokes leaning on each other) was without doubt one of the most pathetic sporting spectacles I have ever witnessed. I was embarrassed for both of them.
Good shout. I can't believe the BBC paid Fraudley £1m to fight unknown boxer after unknown boxer - the dullest shittest fights ever.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Good shout. I can't believe the BBC paid Fraudley £1m to fight unknown boxer after unknown boxer - the dullest shittest fights ever.
Yup, each and every Harrison fight was utterly abysmal. I just found myself tuning in out of morbid fascination at just how bad it would get - and that fight (sorry, "hug") with Williams absolutely took the biscuit. People were chucking cups in the ring.

Course, Fraudley claimed afterwards he'd "injured his hand".

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Surely it's whatever game it was at the Withdean when Warren Aspinall somehow beat a defender before falling over on his fat arse.

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
unfortunately I have to say that our performance last sat at the valley against Preston was PATHETIC even by our standards. Even Pardew was quoted as saying it was "crap" and boy he was right. Out of the starting 11 four were on loan. Simply dreadful Charlton.:thud:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. England getting bowled out for 46 vs Windies c. 1993
2. Brighton vs. Stoke1-5
3. Brighton vs Palace 0-5
4. Linford Christie 1996 Olympics - 2 false starts and he's out
5. Any British men's tennis player at Wimbledon, pre-Henman/Rusedski, post-Fred Perry.
6. Any British tennis women post-Wade/Barker.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
any match mclaren was incharge of. total lack of pasion from all england camp, esp against croatia

Yeah like the 4-0 crushing of European Champions Greece and the 3-0 annihilations of Israel, Russia and Estonia at Wembley, not to mention the 1-1 draw v Brazil.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah like the 4-0 crushing of European Champions Greece and the 3-0 annihilations of Israel, Russia and Estonia at Wembley, not to mention the 1-1 draw v Brazil.

Has to said that those were pretty well the only England games I actually enjoyed watching over the last few years, but let's slag McClaren off anyway, it's de rigeur :thumbsup:

Much easier to scapegoat the manager than the SHITE attitude of most of the players, not to mention the tactical shiteness on the world stage of most of them, regardless of who the manger is. Except Sven of course who was the most successfull and most boring England manager EVER. I hated 99% of the games when he was manager, even when we hung on for a 1-0 win.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Joe Bugner vs Ali in Kuala Lumpur in June 1975.
Ali thought Joe would be a real problem, then Bugner threw more punches in the first thirty seconds than he did for the rest of the 14 and a bit rounds.
Talk about not seizing the moment.

International

England v USSR at frankfurt in the 1988 European Championships. We were f***ing RUBBISH. It was twenty years ago and STILL REALLY EMBARRESSING

Club
Any game of the first season at Pissfield when Vaslur Gislasson or Michael Mahoney The Pony Johnson played

Last edited:

Ashes 2005, . :ohmy:

not quite sure, is this the right reaction to the most PATHETIC sporting you have ever seen.........?

0709trafalgar5_narrowweb__200x270.jpg
:laugh::laugh:

International

England v USSR at frankfurt in the 1988 European Championships. We were f***ing RUBBISH. It was twenty years ago and STILL REALLY EMBARRESSING.

Club
Any game of the first season at Pissfield when Vaslur Gislasson or Michael Mahoney The Pony Johnson played

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
1. England getting bowled out for 46 vs Windies c. 1993

i can't believe 2 people have mentioned this as i rate it as one of the most impressive sporting performances i have ever seen. with England needing barely 200 to win, a mightily pissed off pair in Ambrose and Walsh produced one of the greatest spells of fast bowling ever seen to absolutely demolish an English batting lineup that didn't really perform that badly on the tour (Atherton, Ramprakash, and even Hick put up a big score or two during the tour).

Skidmarks

Feb 12, 2008
Woolworths
Rikky Hatton v Mayweather
England v Croatia
Albion v Sudbury Town (FA cup)
Neil Ruddock on that so called celeb Ice skating competition
Mayweather v The big show (WWE wrestler who's about 8ft)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
i can't believe 2 people have mentioned this as i rate it as one of the most impressive sporting performances i have ever seen. with England needing barely 200 to win, a mightily pissed off pair in Ambrose and Walsh produced one of the greatest spells of fast bowling ever seen to absolutely demolish an English batting lineup that didn't really perform that badly on the tour (Atherton, Ramprakash, and even Hick put up a big score or two during the tour).

Agreed. Apart from a couple of silly wickets, that was some devastating bowling from Curtley and Courtney.

[yt]nmMn4bhi-KU[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here