Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most PATHETIC sporting performance you have ever seen?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very fresh in the memory for me

The Engand rugby team against Scotland last week, even Johnny Wilkinson played as if it was a piss poor schoolboy's game, complete embarrassment :angry:

Can't remember anything that comes close but no doubt someone will jog my memory

Yours?

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Us at home to STOKE a few seasons back.

OR

Us away to Grimsby the other year.

OR probably the WINNER by a MILE...

Crystal Palace 5 vs 0 Brighton

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Brighton V Palace .... Those who were there know what I mean.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
England Vs Portugual 2004

They just didnt care

you mean the game where we scored early on, had a goal unfairly disallowed, and lost on penalties leaving players in tears? Oh, and our best player broke a foot.

Didn't care is a bit harsh, we weren't that bad.

Just your chum Postiga...:glare:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton V Palace .... Those who were there know what I mean.

I was there, we were just totally outclassed on the day, not sure I'd go along with it being that pathetic. f***ing disappointing though

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The debacle in the 2nd innings v New Zealand in the creekit last weekend must be up there.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
you mean the game where we scored early on, had a goal unfairly disallowed, and lost on penalties leaving players in tears? Oh, and our best player broke a foot.

Didn't care is a bit harsh, we weren't that bad.

Just your chum Postiga...:glare:

When you say players.

You mean Vassell, Beckham, A Cole and Campbell.

They were the only ones that seemed to care.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
OR probably the WINNER by a MILE...

Crystal Palace 5 vs 0 Brighton

Is the winner.

Without a doubt, the most sobering football performance I've ever seen. I wanted to leave, it was that bad. In the first half, I was worried they'd get double figures.

Kuipers looked a total clown, the rest of the side were utterly dire, but special mention must go to Kerry Mayo, who looked like a pub player after a curry and ten pints, having to mark Diego Maradona (and he was probably only up against Julian Gray or Wayne Routledge).

I was embarrassed for him.

Stoke at home a couple of years ago was also pathetic, when the team quite clearly couldn't give a shit, but at least there was nothing, not even pride, riding on the result. I suppose that was the most unprofessional performance I can remember, but the Palace game wins for sheer, unrivalled, ineptitude.

And humilation factor :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
1998 World Cup final - Brazil never turned up against France

Oh, and the Albion match v Stoke that should have led to McGhee's sacking on the spot

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Oh, and the Albion match v Stoke that should have led to McGhee's sacking on the spot

We scored a goal in that match and there was some gallows humour which helped.
Albion v Stoke at the Britannia when the only 'shot' on goal was Rougier's effort which went towards the corner flag.

Very fresh in the memory for me

The Engand rugby team against Scotland last week, even Johnny Wilkinson played as if it was a piss poor schoolboy's game, complete embarrassment :angry:

Can't remember anything that comes close but no doubt someone will jog my memory

Yours?

The Irish performance vs Wales just beforehand was pants as well.
However, having to watch the Murrayfield debacle in the bar at Croke Park, surrounded by chearing Welsh, including my wife, and disbelieving Irish was just awful (but amusing at times).
Quote from a rugby pundit on RTE after Eddie O'Sullivan had said the Welsh had just 'nicked it':
"EO'S, the only person who would have you believe that Custer ran the entire Sioux nation close at the Little Big Horn"

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We scored a goal in that match and there was some gallows humour which helped.

Ah yes, Doug Loft coming on after 70 minutes, scoring with a daisy-cutter and getting Man Of The Match. And I don't suppose it's every day you see Rooney score a hat-trick at Withdean :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here