Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Most 'Infamous' Person You Have Met ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I and the firm I worked for, was once asked to 'compile' some accounts for a notorious villian having a VAT Inspection on Friday when it was explained that it couldnt be done in such a short time was told 'dont make any arrangements for Saturday then'. Met many well known people in the East End of London when I had my pubs there.

Jul 20, 2003
surprised no Muppet's come out on 'ere as a close friend of Lenny McClean or Dave Courtney - both decent gents when I've served them drinks BTW

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
surprised no Muppet's come out on 'ere as a close friend of Lenny McClean or Dave Courtney - both decent gents when I've served them drinks BTW

Lennie McLean appearred as a decent fellow as a man but Dave Courtney is a victim of his own imagination if you see how old he was when the Krays were arrested. Wasnt a close friend of Lennie McLean but met him through other people.

My dad worked at Sir Lawrence's house and was a sparky. The electricians surname wasnt May by any chance was it? If it was Geal that was his workmate and takes the gloss off of the story for me.

met the man several times once when I was a prison officer at the Scrubbs (while I was in the prison service I met many infamous characters)a lot of which I would have no problem having a pint with(lots of there but for the grace of God ect)and rather some of them than the scanky neighbours we have.
outside that time of my life while I was apprentice to what I would consider one of the best electricians I have known we done some work at Sir Lawence Olivier's house in Royal Crescent the man had what you would call charisma super guy and made a mean cuppa.

Jul 20, 2003
Lennie McLean appearred as a decent fellow as a man but Dave Courtney is a victim of his own imagination if you see how old he was when the Krays were arrested. Wasnt a close friend of Lennie McLean but met him through other people.

age tempers the temper, sort of

I wouldn't want to have anything to do with either of them when/ if they were in a bad mood

I prefer the 'famous' thread, I met Buzz Aldrin :)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
My dad worked at Sir Lawrence's house and was a sparky. The electricians surname wasnt May by any chance was it? If it was Geal that was his workmate and takes the gloss off of the story for me.

no it was a guy by the name of George Limpus and we worked for a company by the name of CSL

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
no it was a guy by the name of George Limpus and we worked for a company by the name of CSL

What a coincidence on another thread about which club would you buy I said about Guildford City and I became involved through an ex player Reg Limpus who was also an electrician but lived in Guildfoird.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
At Malcolm Stuart and Jock Riddell's testimonial dinner at The Grand I drunkenly put in the winning bid for some custom made Bobby Zamora boots. 'mad' Frankie Fraser was on the table next to me and gave me a nod and a raised hand clap. I then had to go and give my details to the auctioneer, who was Chris Ellison, as well as some bloke called Ian Hart.

Also got to meet Bobby when he gave me the boots.

I worked at Waitrose in Western Road in the late 1970s, and there was a lad called John there (I forget his surname, may have been Tate). Anyway, he didn't turn up for work one Saturday, and we later discovered he had killed his parents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here