Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] The most heartbreaking films of all time

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
"Manon des Sources", especially the scene where the character played by Yves Montand realises that the man he drove to his death many years before was his own son.

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
I’m known for shedding the odd tear during a film. Biggies for me are The Green Mile, The Last Samurai and recently watched Arthur The King.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Billy Liar. FFS get on that train, Julie Christie is waiting for you!

Another vote for Cinema Paradiso. Just hearing the music sets me off, but it is the best ending of any film I have ever seen.

The way that Spielberg presented 'Somewhere' in his West Side Story was pretty devastating.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The last scene of 'the killing fields'

And it's a (relatively) happy ending to a horrendous real life story 😭
On the same subject, ‘First they killed my father’ is a thought provoking film. The unknown Sareum Srey Moch is truly remarkable in the main role. I highly recommend it.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
All of us Strangers absolutely destroyed me, utterly heartbreaking. The conversation he has with his mother in the kitchen about coming out was very similar to what happened to me. Very emotional.

The Father with Anthony Hopkins was also very emotional, superbly acted all round.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Ring of Bright Water

I was traumatised seeing the otter get splattered by a madmans spade. Still makes me shudder more than 50 years later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here