Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most GUTTED you've ever been after a game?

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
The "Do I not like that game" away vs Holland. I cried tears of rage at being robbed blind by the referee.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Losing to Kingstonian, we were almost down and out at the time, it was a very poor display and everything else about the day left a bad taste in the mouth...not least some of our fans racially abusing their black players (some of ours were also black you cockjuggling thunderc.....) then one of our disabled fans being truncheoned by the Surrey Police at the end of the game...finally having to endure a stream of callers to 606 reliving the shock result, in every gory detail, with David Mellor on the radio during the journey home.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Italia 90, really thought we'd win that tournament, sickening to say the least ...bleedin krauts

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Probably a game I didn't go to but heard about after. Eastbourne United beat someone 6-5 or some other such incredibly exciting scoreline. I'd chosen not to go, but when my mates came round after bouncing off the walls and banging on about one of the most amazing games they had ever seen, all I could manage to disguise the fact I was sick to the stomach to have missed it was mutter meek "well, I don't like games with too many goals..."

:jester:

I was 12.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
For England

Euro 96 v Germany

World Cup 98 v Argentina

Euro 2000 v Romania

World Cup 2002 v Brazil

Euro 2004 v Portugal

World Cup 2006 v Portugal

Euro 2008 Qualifier v Croatia

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
England v Argentina, 1986 World Cup. My first real taste of England failure and that numb feeling after yet another defeat.

By the 1990 World Cup semi final I was well used to it.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
for england 1990 semi-final loss to germany

for the albion
1991 3-1 to notts county in the play off final

most high and low match
1989 sheffield untied away
3-0 down
then 4-3 up
then lost 5-4

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Euro 96 v Germany - We were bloody DESTINED to win that tournament.

I can barely even begin to think about it now.

There are TWO people that I blame for that loss. The first is obviously Gareth Southgate. Don't give me all that "he had the bottle to step up" bollocks, he still bloody missed it. And then had the gall to turn into a money-making venture with those arsing Pizza Hut ads.

The second person I blame is Ryan Giggs. Ryan Giggs I hear you say...Yes bloody Ryan Giggs. If he hadn't bloody chosen Wales then the game would not have even gone to penalties as we would have DESTROYED them over 90 minutes.

It still rankles with me today. Call me sad if you will but I don't think we will ever have a better chance to win another major tournament.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
The famous Stoke City debacle where Brighton lost 5-1. I flew in from Toronto for that game. I was more than gutted.

I was absolutely pissed off by the fact that none of the Albion players could be arsed to put some sort of effort into playing football (except Doug Loft when he came on in the second half). I didn't care that it was the last game of the season and that there wasn't anything to play for. The players on the pitch were being paid to perform and IMHO they didn't. They just treated it as if it was a stroll in the park.

Stoke took the game seriously hence the scoreline.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
For me, The Germany 96 game.

I have just watched THIS video on youtube, and I urge you all to give it a go (spoilt by Jimmy Hill admittedly).
YouTube - BBC Euro 96 England Germany PART 1 intro and build-up

I can't bring myself to watch the actual match, but the build up is unbelievable. Three Lions, You'll never walk alone - brilliant. A semi-final of a major Championship in our own back yard, doubt we'll ever see that again to be honest.

Admittedly, I was only 8 at the time, but the tears after that were APPROPRIATE.

Unbelievable scenes. I still remember this as if it were yesterday. Spine-tingling is the only thing I think to describe it.

I have just watched all three parts including the penalty shoot-out and aged 21 I have just cried for the first time since I was about 10.

My bitterness has just been stirred up again, cheers WW!

Winning 5-1 in Berlin went NO WAY to avenging this.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Half time at Hereford.Thought that was it for our club.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
For me it was loosing 5-1 at home to Stoke when we got relegated from the Championship, we were so unbelievably bad, went down with a wimper, played like a bunch of leg mentals and we still had the lardy jocko clown in charge.

Even the Loft scoring a SCREAMER couldnt lift how gutted I was after that game. I was gutted and ashamed to support the Albion

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
77/78 home match v Blackpool, with Southampton and Spurs contriving to draw 0-0 and deny us promotion. I thought we'd never get the chance of playing in the (then) First Division ever again but luckily I was proved wrong the next season.

Was pretty gutted after the Notts County play-off match too, as I really thought we'd beat them.

Exactly my thoughts too.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Euro 96 and World Cup 98 both really gutted as we should've won both games.
Can't include the palace debarcle as I wasn't gutted just f***ing furious.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Albion-wise, Cheltenham this year is the most GUTTED I've been walking away from the game. It wasn't just the senseless throwing away of two points. Taken in context of the previous home games [Walsall NINE men, etc] it was just all too much.

If someone had offered me a fiver for my season ticket ten minutes after that game, I'd probably have taken it.

Luckily I'm FICKLE, and everything is getting a little better now :thumbsup:

Edit. Actually, there's a CHELTENHAM theme to this, as the Chelters away game [the league one] last year was the most gutted I've been at the outcome of an away game. One nil up after 90 minutes..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here