Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Most Deluded Supporter You Have Ever Met

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I had a chat with our window cleaner, who is a Brentford fan, yesterday. He said "I've got a feeling we're gonna do it". "Do what?" ….. "Automatic. Mate. Just need eight wins on the bounce and we will be there. You watch. Starting with West Brom on Friday".

He's a lovely bloke and his people do a great job of our windows, he's well past cleaning winders himself, but this thread does seem very timely.

Are you sure that wasn't me, at Brentford, 26th Mar 1988?

We were sixth, 10 points behind 2nd place. Eight games later (W7,D1) - automatic promotion was ours!

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I met a Norwich fan once who assured me they were one of the biggest clubs in the country. For some reasons he went to great lengths to point out how much bigger they were than Newcastle and how their support was better than Newcastle. I had no real feelings towards either team the time but its pretty obvious to anyone that Newcastle are way bigger. The whole thing was just bizarre. I kind of dislike Norwich now because of that guy. Or least enjoy at thinking about his reaction when they loose to "smaller" teams.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Absolute dickhead of a Newcastle fan sat next to me in WSL for that loss in the promotion season - the one with the ludicrously fluky Diame goal.

Spent the entire game saying that all of their players were miles better than all of ours, that we "didn't have a single PL quality player, Dunk wouldn't make Toon's bench" and BHA would "easily break the lowest points total" if we got promoted, and that they had 4-5 players who were "borderline world class".

And no, he wasn't joking or messing around. He really meant it.

He was a ****. Wish I'd SCREAMED FOR A POLICEMAN now.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
A Villa fan I know.

When they got promotion via the play-offs, he spent some time convincing me that a subtle blend of the wealth of their owners combined with the fact they have SO much history will make them top 6 candidates this season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Travelling back to Brighton on the train after beating Borough at home, two of their fans decided to sing "Brightons' a shithole, I wanna go home" - you could not make that up

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I was labelled as this by my mates years ago when we were in the bottom two divisions and skint, playing at Withdean.

I saw an interview with Chris Cattlin I think it was, who said something along the lines of us having the potential to be in the top 8/9 clubs in the country. Like many others of us I also believed this and would quote it regulary just to be totally laughed at and accussed of being deluded by amongst others: Portsmouth, Ipswich, Bristol Rovers, Bristol City and Blackburn fans.

Not far off now and needless to say, they’re a bit further away!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Not a football fan but here in Malta, the two main political party's supporters are much like football fans.
The current Government have been embroiled in sleaze, corruption and possibly even murder and yet there are some posters in the Times of Malta who will not accept any criticism of the former PM Joseph Muscat who resiged in shame last year and was also voted the ‘Person of the Year’ for organised crime and corruption by a consortium of investigative journalists.
My vote goes to Mr E.P.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I had a chat with our window cleaner, who is a Brentford fan, yesterday. He said "I've got a feeling we're gonna do it". "Do what?" ….. "Automatic. Mate. Just need eight wins on the bounce and we will be there. You watch. Starting with West Brom on Friday".

He's a lovely bloke and his people do a great job of our windows, he's well past cleaning winders himself, but this thread does seem very timely.

well i wouldn't mind cheering that on as long as its leeds that drop out

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Most of the chums who show me their oh-so-close 12 match losing accumulators in the North after most games at the Amex seem pretty delusional, has to be said. Never gonna happen folks :lol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Every Leeds fan I've ever met. Still think they should be playing Champions League football. More recently you can add West Ham fans to that.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I would have struggled to answer the OP until as it happens Saturday!. I have two old work colleagues that I maintain contact with, occasional beer, meal out kind of thing. Both of whom are Arsenal fans. They remain convinced that Maupay and Bissouma should have been sent off, and for some reason Brighton are the worst, most dirty playing club on the planet, who dont deserve to be in the Premier League. Here are just a couple of the whatsapp messages they sent.

He did that because the cheating ******** dived end of argument brighton will now be knowns as cheats, dirty tricks end of the day we are a farrrr better aide than little old Brighton we was all over you we had a goal disallowed and we should of won, but all the little fickle brighton fans who think because they beat arsenal twice and have only ( and I'm add ) only been in the league 2 years will run there months your only one the leauge to make up the numbers ��

[: Cheating Dirty flowing Brighton we should of won that hands down
Hope Brighton get relegated then I shall laugh and laugh

Why is Bissouma not on a yellow or off? Consistent fouling all match.

well you get the idea. They seem to have convinced themseves that Arsenal would be Champions league if it werent for our dirty tricks!

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I would have struggled to answer the OP until as it happens Saturday!. I have two old work colleagues that I maintain contact with, occasional beer, meal out kind of thing. Both of whom are Arsenal fans. They remain convinced that Maupay and Bissouma should have been sent off, and for some reason Brighton are the worst, most dirty playing club on the planet, who dont deserve to be in the Premier League. Here are just a couple of the whatsapp messages they sent.

He did that because the cheating ******** dived end of argument brighton will now be knowns as cheats, dirty tricks end of the day we are a farrrr better aide than little old Brighton we was all over you we had a goal disallowed and we should of won, but all the little fickle brighton fans who think because they beat arsenal twice and have only ( and I'm add ) only been in the league 2 years will run there months your only one the leauge to make up the numbers ��

well you get the idea. They seem to have convinced themseves that Arsenal would be Champions league if it werent for our dirty tricks!

Are you still planning to meet up with them in future !! sound a right couple of bell ends.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Deluded supporters .....Why hasn't anyone mentioned them, the elephant in the room, you all know who i'm talking about, yeah ARSENAL FANS,

What ever makes them think that every time they play us it's 3 points in the bag. From being indifferent about them a few years ago I'm really beginning to despise them. Guys, you're a mid table team, cheers for the 6 points and AFTV :cheers:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Looking at those responses, I'm guessing GCE English was not a requirement for that job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here