Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The money we get off SPURS

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The Northstander said:
Surely it will go in for Falmer?

It probably will go on Falmer, and stop calling me Shirley.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
kinkygerbil said:
maybe we could get a loan player with that?

whats that a flying pig

We should do what Leeds did, spend loads of money which we can pay back when we reach the Final, superb financial planning :jester:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It will help fill in the big black hole already accumulated and only partly filled by the A & K money.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
It's obviously going to be nett receipts isn't it!

If they give us the money before tax then we would have to pay the tax anyway.

My guess is we would get about £250,000 cash in Knight back pocket to spend as he wishes.

Personally I'd like to see the whol lot go straight in the Alive and Kicking fund. I would also like the club to tell us how much money they got and where it is all going.

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
They sold out for the 3rd round against Palace last season.

No they didn't. Checked this last night, crowd was 32,000 as against a capacity of 35,000. Spurs had dropped their ticket prices for the match as well.

Would expect something around 30,000 - which still won't be too bad financially.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Sonic The Hedgehog said:
No they didn't. Checked this last night, crowd was 32,000 as against a capacity of 35,000. Spurs had dropped their ticket prices for the match as well.

Would expect something around 30,000 - which still won't be too bad financially.

We already have money for our exisiting players. It's getting new ones in we can't afford!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Which actually make me think, if we had a home cup tie would the opposing club give us money to share in the loss if we still lose money everytime we play at Withdean ?

Any shortfalls would be the responsibility of Brighton and not be split with the visiting team.

Last edited:

No Hot Food

Jul 10, 2003
A spurs season ticket holder has just said that this game is their second home cup game of the season and their season tickets have two cup vouchers included.

will this have a consequence on the net gate receipts and therefore our share ? :ohmy:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Stumpy Tim said:
Or maybe go someway to paying the millions he HAS already put into the club. Put's your 20 quid to shame really Lammy

Prick

I think I'm missing something here? I just said the the money would be in his back pocket to do with as he pleases and I'm a prick?

You're going to have to explain that one I'm afraid. ???

Stumpy Tim

I get tired of people expecting Knight to plough more & more money into the Albion. At some point he will have to stop. Your insinuation was that he was going to take the money himself - follwed up by wanting to know where every penny goes. In all honesty, if Dick did take it to pay the money he's owed then fair play.

Fortunately he won't because he's trying to get us to Falmer on a shoestring despite overwhelming pressure from perseus & his friends. Crap posts like that make me wonder what you expect from the man

I'd rather it go to deal with 14 out of contract players, an out of contract assistant manager and out of contract manager!!!!!!!!!!

And the QC needed for the next public enquiry can fish around the back of the sofa for the small change.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Stumpy Tim said:
I get tired of people expecting Knight to plough more & more money into the Albion. At some point he will have to stop. Your insinuation was that he was going to take the money himself - follwed up by wanting to know where every penny goes. In all honesty, if Dick did take it to pay the money he's owed then fair play.

Fortunately he won't because he's trying to get us to Falmer on a shoestring despite overwhelming pressure from perseus & his friends. Crap posts like that make me wonder what you expect from the man

In Lammys defence I believe you have mis read what he wrote, yes he wrote it badly (shame on you Lammy, you SUCK). What he meant was "Knights back pocket for either Falmer/Alive & Kicking or Players/contracts etc" not "runs off with Perrys Wife and all the cash!" :)

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Stumpy Tim said:

I think you have misunderstood my post. The expression in his back pocket to do with as he pleases was in relation to the tax questions. i.e. I think he will have £250,000 from the game after tax to do with as he pleases.

And yes I would like to see where the money is going and how much we made. Why not? personally I would like to see the money go into the Alive ank Kicking fund so that we can get Falmer. I don't think Knight should just pocket the money but I guess that is up to him. I would be suprised though as he has said he is not in it for the money.

Personally I think he should wait until we get Falmer before taking money out of the club. I think it would be in extreme bad taste to do so whilst the Alive and Kicking fund is running.

prick.

Stumpy Tim

But he's not taking money out of the club - he would be taking what's owed. And anyway, that's just not going to happen is it. When you put millions into the club, bring it back from the wilderness, & spend all your time trying to get us a new stadium then maybe your opinion will count more.

In the meantime, try & be a little more positive & stop being a

prick

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Stumpy Tim said:
But he's not taking money out of the club - he would be taking what's owed. And anyway, that's just not going to happen is it. When you put millions into the club, bring it back from the wilderness, & spend all your time trying to get us a new stadium then maybe your opinion will count more.

In the meantime, try & be a little more positive & stop being a

prick

I wasn't being negative and I still have no idea where you got this idea from? I have no problem with Knight getting 'what he is owed' from the club. Personally Idon't think whilst we are going around the fans with begging bowls is the time to do it. This is not what I was talking about earlier. I DON'T think the money should go on any new players. It should go on the Alive and Kicking fund and renewing contracts although I would like to think that we are no relying on big cup draws to generate money for our exisiting squad. Therefore I thought it was a good idea if it went towards the future stability of our club. Perhaps I'm just being a

prick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here