Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The money men, when will they make themselves known?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know we've all been saying that there is no sugar daddy in waiting but are you in doubt we are now going to be an attractive proposition to somebody with plenty of wonga behind them whether it be a company or a rich entrepreneur.

When do you expect them to make themselves known? After 42 days, once the funding is in place, once the stadium is built or never?

I'm hoping they are in the wings now and might release a bit of money for team building which will lead to an increase in attendences almost immediately imo, but not for at least 6 weeks obviously

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I hope they come out asap but doubt they will til after 6 weeks if at all. Does maradona's m8 still wanna pump money in?? or those people who run birmingham?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I hope they come out asap but doubt they will til after 6 weeks if at all. Does maradona's m8 still wanna pump money in?? or those people who run birmingham?

Word on the street is that some foreign types (can't remember anything else) are looking to buy Birmingham, which would leave Hurstpierpoint resident David Gold with an awful lot of money and a football club with an actual future just down the road...

If there's one thing that should be remembered throughout - the decision is NOT an invitation for big-money moguls to try running roughshod over, or pushing Sir R.Knight aside in order to gain as much as they can for themselves.

These are dangerous times in business, especially in football, and if ANYONE needs to maintain ultimate control of affairs in the Brighton And Hove Albion F.C. concern - it is Dick Knight.

Money behind him - by all means.
Money taking over - nein danke.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
If there's one thing that should be remembered throughout - the decision is NOT an invitation for big-money moguls to try running roughshod over, or pushing Sir R.Knight aside in order to gain as much as they can for themselves.

These are dangerous times in business, especially in football, and if ANYONE needs to maintain ultimate control of affairs in the Brighton And Hove Albion F.C. concern - it is Dick Knight.

Agree compeltly but will this 'person' want to give over the money and gain nothing in return? hmm but yes Sir D. knight has to stay in control of the club! :bowdown:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Difficult one and DK should be have an input for as long as he wishes , in an ideal world. It appears, reading between the lines, that he is already being dictated to by other board members who now hold the purse strings. It is inevitable that he will have to relinquish overall control before anyone pumps in a fortune.

DK has pulled off what many thought was the impossible but the times they are a changing I feel..dangerous? Maybe but absolutely essential for the future of this club.

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
I know we've all been saying that there is no sugar daddy in waiting but are you in doubt we are now going to be an attractive proposition to somebody with plenty of wonga behind them whether it be a company or a rich entrepreneur.

When do you expect them to make themselves known? After 42 days, once the funding is in place, once the stadium is built or never?

I'm hoping they are in the wings now and might release a bit of money for team building which will lead to an increase in attendences almost immediately imo, but not for at least 6 weeks obviously

I might throw a bit into the pot when I win the Irish Lotto tomorrow. ;););)

Just Curious

Jan 29, 2007
Word on the street is that some foreign types (can't remember anything else) are looking to buy Birmingham, which would leave Hurstpierpoint resident David Gold with an awful lot of money and a football club with an actual future just down the road...

David Gold doesn't live in Hurstpierpoint :rolleyes:

Just Curious

Jan 29, 2007
I'm sure I read on here that he does. And if he doesn't, it's certainly nearby because I know for a fact that he's involved with the massive cultural event that can only be the HURSTPIERPOINT FESTIVAL.

Oh that's it then. Because you read it on here, it must be true :)

His partner lives in Hurstpierpoint, DG lives in Surrey. But yeah, he is involved with the massive cultural event that is the Hurst festival.

As for his financial involvement of Brighton, well....... yes, there is a possibility.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Oh that's it then. Because you read it on here, it must be true :)

His partner lives in Hurstpierpoint, DG lives in Surrey. But yeah, he is involved with the massive cultural event that is the Hurst festival.

As for his financial involvement of Brighton, well....... yes, there is a possibility.

You know as well as I do that NSC is second only to Wikipedia in the accuracy stakes;)

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Isn't the stadium going to be held by a seperate company that will be owned by BHA and the Council? In which case these mythical money men will have no assest to gain anything from.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I'm sick of reading about this club has a new staduim or that club has a new investor.

The day we pick up the argus and see that weve been linked to a true football fan and nice guy like David Gold...with a pot of cash to take us to the top..will be a very happy day..knowing full well we will be seeing our wonderful club playing top flight footie in the coming years.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
DK will be remembered and can even have a stand named after him....the sir dick stand.

but if someone comes in with money , he should leave after realising his dream of getting us falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here