Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Met police -- actually quite good

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Some little scrotes attempted to break into my flat last night (well, attempted to climb in through the partly open window :jester:), but I shouted at them and they ran off.

So I made a non-emergency call to the cops when I got up this morning and told them about it. Don't worry, they said, we'll send someone round. About FIVE SECONDS after I hung the phone up, two cops turned up at my front door. I'm not joking. They took all the details, and spoke to some neighbours, and said they'd step up patrols round my gaff at night. Either I'm being watched, or the Met Police have confounded all expectations.

Or maybe there's an innocent Brazilian living upstairs.

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
You are white, middle class though aren't you.

Funny that, I always imagined him a mean black brother from the hood. Just goes to show.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The met are utter shite in nearly every way, you were just lucky they were in the area. Either that or someone else had seen it and rang 999.
I have a lot of dealings with various police forces and the met by far the worst.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
London Calling said:
Do you live somewhere posh?

Yes, yes I do. The house next door to my block of flats has a SWIMMING POOL.

Originally posted by ChapmansThe Saviour
You are white, middle class though aren't you.

Yes, yes I am. Perhaps if I lived in Harlesden rather than the mean streets of West Ealing they wouldn't have been round quite so quick. Mind you, I would have been burgled ALREADY.

we had two "people" kicking our door in, I scared them off, phoned 999, Police turned up 30 minutes later! Not actually a quick response!

Perry Milkins said:
Lokki resembles that bloke that sometimes does Football Focus and I don't mean Ray Stubbs

Shut it BOON.

Attachments

• boon.jpg
    boon.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 201

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Are you a drug dealer?

Don't be silly. He's a snitch.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Perhaps if I lived in Harlesden rather than the mean streets of West Ealing they wouldn't have been round quite so quick.

West Ealing - posh. Used to live there myself.

And yes, unless you lived in those posh new flats opposite Harlesden old town hall, it's unlikely they'd have turned up quick.

My thinking is, two bobbies (if they were bobbies) happened to be in the area, so they popped in. Never been as quick as that anywhere in London I've been burgled.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here