Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The men who will SAVE our season...

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Why wouldn't they play Murray then... ??? Murray is better than Forster everyone knows that don't they?

As I said unlike some on NSC I think Murray is an excellent player, however, bearing in mind the position we are in I would rather have Forster whose goalscoring ability is proven over more seasons. Also we need to find two forwards who can play together and Forster and Owusu seem to be the nearest thing to this that we have. Just IMHO.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Does Murray STILL have the most assists this season despite only playing for half of it?

jonesie

Feb 19, 2009
Despite the defeat at Orient on Saturday, I am starting to feel a lot more upbeat about our chances of survival.
Don't get me wrong, the final whistle at Brisbane Road was a head in hands moment, but it is VERY early days under our new manager.
I fully support and believe in Russell Slade, and I think his career record so far show that he is capable of pulling this off. Not only that, but on a personal level he seems like a man who is confident and this will hopefully carry through to the players who have had to endure a tough campaign so far.

Aside from Slade, I reckon we now have players on the field who are capable of producing at the time when we need it most. I actually think that Heath looked pretty solid at the back (despite the penalty), and he is a threat going forward from set-pieces. El-Abd is looking strong in the centre of defence too, and Elphick will be back soon as well.
Whingy has been different class for us in the face of some dire results. If there is anyone man who will give 110% for the cause, it's Andy Whing.

We have one of the most skillfull players in the league at our disposal in Seb Carole, who CAN be lethal when coming on as a sub. I know that he can be indifferent at times, but we couldn't ask for a much better impact player coming off the bench.
Al Bangura will be the KEY man in midfield, he already looks a cut above the rest, and that's after hardly ANY league football this season. We are lucky to have him, and as he gets more match-fit I think we are going to see real quality from midfield.

In attack, we are now a team to be feared. Owusu, Davies, Forster and Murray is a dream ticket for any manager in this league. Hopefully Slade can get the best out of them and use them wisely because we certainly shouldn't be short of goals if they stay fit.
We all know what Murray is capable of and if he is fully fit he will be our KEY man upfront. Forster's record for us is also outstanding and if we can get the dream team back together upfront then the goals will come!

We CAN do this! It's not over yet by a long way. 39 points to play for and a few games in hand on those above us, says we can do it!

Maybe I'm just in a positive mood today? But I know one thing is for certain, at this time in our season we ALL need to get behind Slade and the team.

Im loving this positive outlook, its welcome. Beware doom mongers, the worm has turned.

:salute::salute::salute::salute:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
As I said unlike some on NSC I think Murray is an excellent player, however, bearing in mind the position we are in I would rather have Forster whose goalscoring ability is proven over more seasons. Also we need to find two forwards who can play together and Forster and Owusu seem to be the nearest thing to this that we have. Just IMHO.

Best performances this season?

- Man City
- Leicester home.
- Millwall home.

Murray played in each of them. Forster didn't play in any.

I am not saying Forster is not deserving of a place in the squad, but let us not forget the huge impact Murray was having on our season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The best thing trhat I have heard is Slades assesment of opur team and the game and he has said something that I and many more have been saying all season: we are not profeessional enough and do no know how to kill off a game or see the half out which he said they must learnh very quickly. How many goals have we conceeded in the last few minutes of both the first half and the 2nd to lose a game.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Despite the defeat at Orient on Saturday, I am starting to feel a lot more upbeat about our chances of survival.
Don't get me wrong, the final whistle at Brisbane Road was a head in hands moment, but it is VERY early days under our new manager.
I fully support and believe in Russell Slade, and I think his career record so far show that he is capable of pulling this off. Not only that, but on a personal level he seems like a man who is confident and this will hopefully carry through to the players who have had to endure a tough campaign so far.

Aside from Slade, I reckon we now have players on the field who are capable of producing at the time when we need it most. I actually think that Heath looked pretty solid at the back (despite the penalty), and he is a threat going forward from set-pieces. El-Abd is looking strong in the centre of defence too, and Elphick will be back soon as well.
Whingy has been different class for us in the face of some dire results. If there is anyone man who will give 110% for the cause, it's Andy Whing.

We have one of the most skillfull players in the league at our disposal in Seb Carole, who CAN be lethal when coming on as a sub. I know that he can be indifferent at times, but we couldn't ask for a much better impact player coming off the bench.
Al Bangura will be the KEY man in midfield, he already looks a cut above the rest, and that's after hardly ANY league football this season. We are lucky to have him, and as he gets more match-fit I think we are going to see real quality from midfield.

In attack, we are now a team to be feared. Owusu, Davies, Forster and Murray is a dream ticket for any manager in this league. Hopefully Slade can get the best out of them and use them wisely because we certainly shouldn't be short of goals if they stay fit.
We all know what Murray is capable of and if he is fully fit he will be our KEY man upfront. Forster's record for us is also outstanding and if we can get the dream team back together upfront then the goals will come!

We CAN do this! It's not over yet by a long way. 39 points to play for and a few games in hand on those above us, says we can do it!

Maybe I'm just in a positive mood today? But I know one thing is for certain, at this time in our season we ALL need to get behind Slade and the team.

Feel the same there, sir :clap:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I agree
that Murray holds the key.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here