• Dick Knight

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Howard Marks

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Bob Dobbs

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Robbie Pethick

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • One of the cast of thousands of tedious candidates from the identical 'mainstream' political parties

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

In these days of laughable, seen-one-seen-'em-all political parties it's time for Brighton to take the lead and elect one vastly overpowerful figure to reign supreme over the village by the sea. But who would you vote for?

xx

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
yeah i agree, Pethick gets my vote unless i was up there, when i would get my vote

I've voted for Bob Dobbs - chembro's avatar, in case nobody knows who he is.

But i'll put in a word for Jeanne Lepper, who may seem to be "one of the cast of thousands of tedious candidates from the identical 'mainstream' political parties", but is actually a very nice woman, with a good sense of humour and some decent political convictions.

MayorJLepper.jpg

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
I read about Howard Marks' stay in Brighton in his autobiog - super cool bloke. How did you know Howard, Lord B? If only you knew then he was on the verge of becoming one of the World's top hash barons, eh? Could've made a mint.

Is Jeanne Lepper David Lepper's wife? I was in Dave's Media Studies class at Falmer. Quite a nice guy.

I knew him through Johnny Martin, who had worked on a Sussex University project that I was involved with. Johnny paired up with Howard's first wife, but they all stayed "good friends" and (indeed) "business associates". At the time, Mr Nice kept his burgeoning dealings very much to himself, choosing to live with the domestic arguments that tend to erupt when a bloke comes home with thousands of pounds worth of top quality sound system that he "can't afford" - rather than telling his missus the full story about where the money was coming from. It's all in the book - although my recollection is that things were even more chaotic than Howard can remember.

His "proper" job, at the time was teaching philosophy at Sussex University - he's a great expert of Nietsche and was expected to become a seriously good academic. But he had other ambitions...

And, yes, Jeanne Lepper is David Lepper's wife.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Lord Bracknell said:
And, yes, Jeanne Lepper is David Lepper's wife.

And she's also the ceremonial mayor of Brighton and Hove, meaning she's not elected by the townspeople but takes her turn to act as civic leader. Councillors take it in turns every year, I think, and it goes by order of service on the council.

Some people (me included, even though I live miles away) fought quite an involved campaign NOT to have an elected mayor of Brighton, because the post would be a shoo-in for some nasty self-publicist like Bassam or Fanshawe.

He's a bellend and his ego would (possibly) finally explode if he was elected Mayor.

Was gonna put Eubank but it's too obvious, he's probably already thought of it.

Disappointed to see no votes for Horace Duke.

xx

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
terry garighan - the already unofficial mayor of brighton , or me , but since neither are up there its got to be jordan !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here