Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Masked SInger

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Im still getting over the disappointment that Justin Hawkins lowered himself to this level of rubbish :down:

The wife loves it though....so I play along (but Im really only watching it for Rita....) :drool::whistle::love:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I love it.

We haven't watched 'Saturday night TV' for probably 10 years. Hate all those shows. The sob stories, the belief that they will become famous, the faux-emotion of the 'judges'. The whole 'tension' when, frankly, no one cares.

But THIS is something else. It's simply a brilliantly stupid game of guess who. The singing is a side point which is fun because it's a massive hedgehog singing opera.. There is no "this is my dream". There is no "you will be a star".

It's "I reckon the massive Octopus is Danny Minogue".

I really enjoy people saying "what is this nonsense?" , as if that's a criticism. That's the brilliance of it.

Brilliant fun.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I must admnit I was dubious about this show when I heard about it, but all that doubt disappeared into thin air when Alan Johnson MP was revealed; only then did I get an idea of the high calibre of celebs on show.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I find it so funny how some of you have to come on here and tell us how shit this show clearly is. Get a life, move on and let us enjoy this.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Can we get the thread title changed to reflect the status. This has got to be the official match thread Shirley?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Hers my quarter final line up guesses.

Octopus - Katherine Jenkins
Hedgehog - Keith Duffy
Fox - Sheila Ferguson
Queen Bee - Nicola Roberts.

100% convinced these are all correct. What do I win?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Hedgehog - Keith Duffy
Fox - Sheila Ferguson

The chance to watch this tripe next week

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well you may be a miserable so-and-so but I think it's great fun. My kids love it and it does no-one any harm.

I'm not miserable but this program is awful. Even my wife doesn't like it and that takes some doing :smile:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Hedgehog - Keith Duffy
Fox - Sheila Ferguson

Well your first one was wrong as Fox was the one and only Denise Van Outen. The reamining three are in the final.

:facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well your first one was wrong as Fox was the one and only Denise Van Outen. The reamining three are in the final.

:facepalm:

No idea who any of those three are and have never heard of them before, and I don’t live in a cave :shrug:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
My daughter insisted that we watch the first couple of episodes of this. I haven't seen it since, but I told her Teddy Sheringham and she twigged Denise Van Outen straight off. My guess for the hedgehog was the comedian Lloyd Griffith. She rang me the other day and said that CeeLo Green was revealed. I had dismissed her guess of him as I didn't think that his career had sunk to ITV levels. I liked the mystery element. If you didn't have to put up with the singing, and the judges, and the host, and the audience, it's a good idea for a show.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here