Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Marks & Spencers 1p Sale

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Starts tomorrow, finishes Friday.

Go along and get yourselves a load of stuff you dont really want, but will buy it because it will only cost 1p :ascarf::ascarf:

M&S to put 2 million products on sale for 1p each for 125th birthday | News | Retail Week

Marks & Spencer will celebrate its 125th birthday next week by returning to its origins as a penny bazaar and putting 2 million products on sale for 1p each.

M&S, founded by Russian refugee Michael Marks as a Leeds market stall in 1884, will sell product ranging from purses and cufflinks to socks and sweets at Original Penny Bazaars, which will be set up in about 300 shops.

The retailer expects the promotion, running from Wednesday to Friday next week, to drive massive footfall. M&S executive chairman Sir Stuart Rose – who will launch the initiative with M&S face Twiggy at the flagship Marble Arch store on London’s Oxford Street – said: “We are sure this is going to go down a storm.”

Rose added: “M&S has now been at the heart of Britain for 125 years and we believe this is something worth celebrating.

“It’s been a tough year for us all but people are fed up with being fed up and we wanted to give our customers a real treat.”

The Original Penny Bazaar lines will be sold on a when-it’s-gone-it’s-gone basis, and takings donated to the M&S 125 Charity Challenge.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Anyone remember that half trampish guy with the beard, who used to walk around brighton saying..."have you got one penny " "have you a penny" " please sir can you spare just one penny " ....... no i carnt so piss offfffffff !!!:laugh:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Anyone remember that half trampish guy with the beard, who used to walk around brighton saying..."have you got one penny " "have you a penny" " please sir can you spare just one penny " ....... no i carnt so piss offfffffff !!!:laugh:

it was 10 pence! Unless theres a different one, Legend

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Sounds like my idea of hell.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009

I so wanted him to be my friend in the audience if i ever got on who wants to be a millionaire, you know the shot when they pan to your husband/wife/sister etc. in the audience and he could have been there with his thumb up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here