Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Market Diner - moving?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I was told that the market is moving up to Hollingbury, next to ASDA, and the Market Diner will be going with it. Now, if true, I imagine that the diner will stay under different staff but it won't be the same.

Can anyone confirm/deny this VISCIOUS rumour?

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Surely not?? They won't get the late night pub and club trade, only market staff, coppers, and people being turned out of custody.

Let's find out if it's true, and if so start a petition now.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :( :angry: :angry:

Jul 20, 2003
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If this is true I can feel another 'in crisis' campaign coming on

for starters, lets all have a moment of silent prayer that it doesn't happen

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
That will be rubbish, I had a MOST delicious gut buster on Saturday it can't be allowed to move !!!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
The Gutbuster provided me with most of my food when I was a student.

This would be absolutely disgraceful if it comes about.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
As I say, it's only a rumour at the moment and I imagine the cafe would stay in some form or another. All I can say is make as use of it as you can while it's still there.

Maybe a Pubs In Crisis evening out followed by Gutbusters at the MD?

''Market Special, no tommy extra mushies please mate''

''No problem bud, cuppa tea?''

''You f***ing KNOWS it''.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Uncle Buck said:
You remember anything from Saturday...

:D little bits, just little bits !!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The food in there is absolute garbage the best place for it is about 3 miles off of Brighton Pier. Better still close it down. It is poor even by greasy spoon standards.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...the market diner moving, next thing you'll be telling us that the Albion are off to Gillingham...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
BensGrandad said:
The food in there is absolute garbage the best place for it is about 3 miles off of Brighton Pier. Better still close it down. It is poor even by greasy spoon standards.

Blasphemy.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
BensGrandad said:

Clueless.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
BensGrandad said:

How dare you! How dare you!

I know the market is going into those new buildings next to Sussex House, but have heard nothing about the diner going with them, will be a sad day if true. Although I guess I could just move back in with my mum then the diner will be a 5 min walk away.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I was told that the market is moving up to Hollingbury, next to ASDA, and the Market Diner will be going with it. Now, if true, I imagine that the diner will stay under different staff but it won't be the same.

Can anyone confirm/deny this VISCIOUS rumour?

When are the fixtures out? Coppell off to Reading??? Goldstone Sold?? Zamora to THFC???? etc. etc.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: The Market Diner - moving?

Cheeky Monkey said:
When are the fixtures out? Coppell off to Reading??? Goldstone Sold?? Zamora to THFC???? etc. etc.

Pardon.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I agree as well. Overrated food in there. Daves diner on the lewes road is pretty good, but my saddest day was when the old couple (with the grumpiest woman in the world) sold up the Clock Tower cafe. They had hand cut chips!!!!
. Hasn't been the same since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here