Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The March Will Take Place On 27th April

Jan 30, 2008
Not quite... I work here and I worked in the UK. We didn't WANT chid care... we want our daughter to be brought up the traditional way through family not with outsiders which seems to be supported by all child psychologists. Here in Turkey we could do that. Not having family close one of us would have had to give up our jobs and we couldn't afford that.

If I could have done my job or if my wife could've done her job from home that might have worked but that wasn't an option to us.
you and you're wife are you're daughters family it sound like you wanted the best of both worlds i know some people are of the opinion that the mother should be the one that looks after the child but you are happy and thats all that counts at the end of the day

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
However your user name might create misunderstanding.... what does Das Reich refer to then?

I wasn't 100% sure myself so I looked up Google Images if this helps.

cd-das-reich.jpg

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
you and you're wife are you're daughters family it sound like you wanted the best of both worlds i know some people are of the opinion that the mother should be the one that looks after the child but you are happy and thats all that counts at the end of the day

I don't know.....if the option is to have a good job and be able to bring up your family surely everyone has the right to that and if it means changing country, city or town then family comes first. It's a pity that in the UK the idea of family comes second to that of career in many cases (not in all of course!).

My wife and I love the UK and miss it a lot but we wouldn't swap a moment lost with our daughter.. the idea of her coming home from school and one of us or grandparents not being there is horrifying.

That's just who we are. Personally I don't think it's the best of both worlds as that sounds as if I want my cake and eat it. Should we really be forced to make the choice between job and family?

Now I'm going to shut up and come down off my pedestal :)

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey

You're quite lucky I haven't got my feminist cap on today!

I don't know.....if the option is to have a good job and be able to bring up your family surely everyone has the right to that and if it means changing country, city or town then family comes first. It's a pity that in the UK the idea of family comes second to that of career in many cases (not in all of course!).

My wife and I love the UK and miss it a lot but we wouldn't swap a moment lost with our daughter.. the idea of her coming home from school and one of us or grandparents not being there is horrifying.

That's just who we are. Personally I don't think it's the best of both worlds as that sounds as if I want my cake and eat it. Should we really be forced to make the choice between job and family?

Probably a post for another thread but good choice.

The stress and costs we have looking after 3 little ones because we haven't a close family are unbelievable. We have got a good appreciation of work life balance but to get more time with our children will mean a greater reduction in our working hours.

I assume one of you are turkish?

Jan 30, 2008

all the best

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here