Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Manchester Derby, Man Utd v Man City, Carling Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
...game poised on a knife edge after an incident packed, thrill a minute first leg that was 100mph from the start and only got quicker, leaving you gasping for breath at the final whistle and you were only watching!

Doesn't really get much bigger and fascinating than this does it?? Has all the makings of an absolute crackerjack of a game. If it's anywhere near as good as the first leg we are in for an absolute treat. If I were a gambling man I would go for a 2-0 Man Utd win but this really is too close to call.

:ohmy:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm glad you confirmed that the Manchester derby was Man Utd v Man City otherwise I'd have been left wondering! :lolol:

Might have included FC United of Manchester...

I've a sneaking suspicion this will be a disappointing let down because it won't live up to the first leg.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I went to an EPL soccerfest last night. :badfan:

I saw a fantastic one-man attacking display by Kevin Doyle as Wolves outpassed and outclassed Liverpool for a whole 80 minutes, resulting in a nil-nil draw. Liverpool ramped up the pressure for the last ten minutes, but Craddock and Berra's heroic defending and the sheer midfeild class of local-boy-come-good Karl Henry and England Under-21 Michael Macienne prooved too much for Rafa's chumps.

Actually it was one of the best non-Brighton games I had been to in a long time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The tremours from this titanic clash between two Premiership behemoths will register 10.5 on the richter scale - listen carefully and you will hear your own windows rattling in their frames, as this epic contest unfolds and reaches its enthralling climax. As crodo says, it really is too close to call. Will the sheer might and majesty and weight of history behind Manchester United prove too much for City to hold back ? Or will the richest club on the face of the Earth, nay the entire GALAXY, hold out for a famous victory of quite BIBLICAL proportions ?

One things for sure, I know I won't want to miss a single SECOND of this phenomenal encounter. It is a game that will be spoken about down the ages, passed on for generations to come. And when this mortal planet surface is scorched and barren from aeons of mans misuse, will future Kings gather round humble campfires in the caves, and whisper to each other in tones of reverence, of the night United and City did battle for the glory, the pride, the legend, the history, in the name of a cheap pissy lager.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The tremours from this titanic clash between two Premiership behemoths will register 10.5 on the richter scale - listen carefully and you will hear your own windows rattling in their frames, as this epic contest unfolds and reaches its enthralling climax. As crodo says, it really is too close to call. Will the sheer might and majesty and weight of history behind Manchester United prove too much for City to hold back ? Or will the richest club on the face of the Earth, nay the entire GALAXY, hold out for a famous victory of quite BIBLICAL proportions ?

One things for sure, I know I won't want to miss a single SECOND of this phenomenal encounter. It is a game that will be spoken about down the ages, passed on for generations to come. And when this mortal planet surface is scorched and barren from aeons of mans misuse, will future Kings gather round humble campfires in the caves, and whisper to each other in tones of reverence, of the night United and City did battle for the glory, the pride, the legend, the history, in the name of a cheap pissy lager.
What an epic story, tell us more...:drool:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No, I'm with Crodo today, I'm looking forward to it.

No really I am.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
No, I'm with Crodo today, I'm looking forward to it.

No really I am.

So am I, should be a great game. :thumbsup:

Will it be a battle that rivals the great battle of 9645abc when Blarg space station met Bluebell railway though?

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Another MONUMENTAL Crodo thread and once again agree:clap2:

Don't usually have any interest in the Carling Cup unless we are playing, or a potential MINNOW go on a great run, but this is a good spectable.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Biggest game in history bar none and I for one am obscenely excited about it. Surely there must be live internet stream freebie dodgy site for this somewhere. Anyone?.... Anyone?..... Bueller?....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have spots before my eyes and keep having dizzy spells every time I so much as THINK about this game tonight (which is about twice every eleven seconds). Its like my entire life has been leading up to this fixture, and come 8pm tonight, everything I've ever loved, wanted or cared about will simply disappear as I get swept up into the broiling maelstrom of the Manchester extravaganza. I'm not sure anything can ever really be the same again after this game. Life as we know it will follow a different path, once we know the outcome of this game.

This isn't just a match. It is an appointment with Destiny.

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
Can't wait for this.

Palace have an unimportant match at St James's Park tonight. We have just gone into administration. We are not allowed to play our star player tonight. I just found out that a Palace fan was killed in a motorbike accident last week.

COME ON UNITED AND/OR CITY. This should really be great!!!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
On Sky or somewhere similar. BBC were originally going to show separate highlights of this game I thought, but now they're just lumping it in with the 10:55 MOTD/Prem highlights.

Live streaming website anyone? ......Anyone?.......Anyone? (etc.)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
On Sky or somewhere similar. BBC were originally going to show separate highlights of this game I thought, but now they're just lumping it in with the 10:55 MOTD/Prem highlights.

Live streaming website anyone? ......Anyone?.......Anyone? (etc.)

Scrap that, apparently its on SS1.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here