Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The managers, post-match

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Eddie Howe did very well to keep out of the referee-related ridiculousness and simply said it like he saw it. Good on him for that, he's a class act.

Gus' theatrical "I'm no' talkin' abou' it" was a lot more fun, of course - reminded me slightly of Ron Atkinson's evergreen "I never comment on the referee's performance and I'm not changing my mind for that prat".

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You are right, Howe was excellent but i thought Gus was pretty wise and level-headed. For a Latin he restrained himself admirably.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
must admit,thought eddie howe has presented himself very well in the past,good luck to him and burnley

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Howe was ok,but his assistant Tindall and some of his players were taking full advantage of some very poor officiating,and as we saw this was probably there only chance of getting something from the game.Refereeing was once again embarassing and the current standard is becoming a disgrace to the game.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
i lost all repect for eddiehowe today,constantly moaning to the 4th official,and have made from todays evidence into a piss poor team,shocking

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
I thought Gus' no comment response was probably the best thing to say. Where would you start trying to summarise today's match!

SuperMario

PLAY IT!
Sep 6, 2006
fCUK Howe Gus is our manager and back him the PLAYERS AND FANS were immense today Burnley, the Ref were shit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What is it about Howe and referees? He was managing Bournemouth when they had that ridiculous penalty decision given at Withdean.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
From the BBC -

Brighton manager Gus Poyet:

"I don't want to comment on the sending off incidents, it's up to the club whether they want to take it further but I'm not because I don't want to spend any money. Some people in games like this may lose their jobs. It was a really bad day at the office.

Burnley manager Eddie Howe:

"It's sometimes harder with a numerical advantage and it was a good experience for our lads, a really good test for us. It was a difficult last five minutes. We didn't want to sit too deep and our defensive line wasn't great at the end. I can't recall playing for such a long time against nine men, but the atmosphere the Brighton fans created was terrific and if you stand off for one second someone like Craig Mackail-Smith will punish you."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here