Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Mail Woke List…..

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The modern version of Woke means equity or social justice, this destroys merit and to an extent choice. So types of cultural marxism. From what I see on that snapshot the Mail is on point here.

The level of ignorance on this Forum is truly shocking.
As you're so intelligent, and others are so ignorant, please do share with us what cultural Marxism is, providing your sources. While you're at it, also tell us what you think culture is, and what Marxism is. You can even provide some historical development of these terms too.
Awaits thrilling response ...

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I think many people are entrenched in their own views . For example the daily mail will often highlight a story that shows an immigrant or a black person in a bad light . The Guardian will often highlight a story that demonstrates that white people need the be educated better about casual racism etc

Both newspapers will usually have an element of truth about them to make the story but it doesn’t mean it’s a majority issue .

The mail likes to make people think immigration is bad as it causes more crime etc and the Guardian wants people to think it’s fighting for minorities and it’s the majority white population that need re educated.

The truth is somewhere in the middle . There are people on both sides that are intolerant .

It used to be fairly exclusively the far right , not any more.

I think you're drawing a false equivalence there. Firstly, highlighting perceived injustice is benign in comparison to demonising immigrants and minorities. Secondly, one of those publications is much more single-minded than the other.

mail-2014.png

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
No. Cos it's woke.

If you try to read between the lines all you'll find is whitespace.

The trick is to look for substantiated evidence. If a source can be shown to have repeatedly lied, or twisted facts into a perverse narrative, and then failed to acknowledge this, then they are not worth reading. This applies to one of the two papers in question. I will give you a clue, since you like reading between lines: it isn't the Grauniad.
I diagree. Both are equally disingenuous. You just happen to agree with one while i find them both contempable.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I diagree. Both are equally disingenuous. You just happen to agree with one while i find them both contempable.
Tough crowd!

Can you link me to a contemptable disingenuous article in the Grauniad?

And what makes you think I 'agree' with the Grauniad? I don't do 'agreeing with' newspapers.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Personally, I wouldn’t read either the Mail or the Guardian.

That's a very balanced view, but since this thread seems to have evolved into The Daily Mail v The Guardian, maybe you could help and highlight an article by the Guardian that breaks the Independent Press Standards, eerr Press Standards ?

I'm trying to seek one out because, as you know I always believe in balance in any discussion and could do with some help. (I'm assuming from the link above, we don't need to seek out any more for the Daily Mail) :wink:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

The Guardian Apologizes for Publishing Antisemitic Cartoon of Outgoing BBC Chairman​

The cartoon was widely condemned for using anti-Jewish tropes to criticize former BBC chairman Richard Sharp's conflict of interest in making an undisclosed loan to Boris Johnson
Jonathan Shamir

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's a very balanced view, but since this thread seems to have evolved into The Daily Mail v The Guardian, maybe you could help and highlight an article by the Guardian that breaks the Independent Press Standards, eerr Press Standards ?

I'm trying to seek one out because, as you know I always believe in balance in any discussion and could do with some help. (I'm assuming from the link above, we don't need to seek out any more for the Daily Mail) :wink:

It isn't about balance.

Its about culture wars.

Their chief weapon is whataboutery. Only on this occasion the whatabout well has run dry.

However, if being a traitor is a yardstick for censure and opprobrium, let's take a look at Lord Rothermere, former owner of The Mail:

"In the General Election that took place in September 1930, the Nazi Party increased its number of representatives in parliament from 14 to 107. Adolf Hitler was now the leader of the second largest party in Germany. Over the next two years Lord Rothermere wrote several articles praising this German politician. According to Louis P. Lochner, the author of Tycoons and Tyrant: German Industry from Hitler to Adenauer (1954) he heard rumours that Rothermere provided funds to Hitler via Ernst Hanfstaengel."

Well, well well.....

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
False equivalence. The actual left describe The Mail as right wing and criticises The Guardian for being too liberal. Find me someone on the right who believes The Mail to be too centrist.

If woke = cultural Marxism, I look forward to the imminent death of capitalism given that, according to that childish list of folk demons, there are Marxists running Scotland, London, the Church of England, the National Trust, the banks and Match of the Day. Hooray for the revolution! Keep on Keeping On.

:facepalm: Lawd knows what these idiots would print if they ever met an actual Marxist.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
As you're so intelligent, and others are so ignorant, please do share with us what cultural Marxism is, providing your sources. While you're at it, also tell us what you think culture is, and what Marxism is. You can even provide some historical development of these terms too.
Awaits thrilling response ...

Yes i could do all that, take all that time for what? Snide retorts? Do it yourself then maybe become less ignorant.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
More on the mail:

"Rothermere had a fundamentally elitist conception of politics, believing that the natural leaders of Britain were upper class men like himself, and he strongly disapproved of the decision to grant women the right to vote together with the end of the franchise requirements that disfranchised lower-class men.[53] Feeling that British women and lower-class men were not really capable of understanding the issues, Rothermere started to lose faith in democracy.[53] In October 1922, the Daily Mail approved of the Fascist "March on Rome" as the newspaper argued that democracy had failed in Italy, thus requiring Benito Mussolini to set up his Fascist dictatorship to save the social order.[53] In 1923, Rothermere published a leader in The Daily Mail entitled "What Europe Owes Mussolini", where he wrote about his "profound admiration" for Mussolini, whom he praised for "in saving Italy he stopped the inroads of Bolshevism which would had left Europe in ruins...in my judgment he saved the entire Western world. It was because Mussolini overthrew Bolshevism in Italy that it collapsed in Hungary and ceased to gain adherents in Bavaria and Prussia".[54] In 1923, the newspaper supported the Italian occupation of Corfu and condemned the British government for at least rhetorically opposing the Italian attack on Greece.[55]

On 25 October 1924, the Daily Mail published the Zinoviev letter, which indicated Moscow was directing British Communists toward violent revolution. It was later proven to be a hoax. At the time many on the left blamed the letter for the defeat of Ramsay MacDonald's Labour Party in the 1924 general election, held four days later.[56]"

Well, well, well. It woz the mail wot wun it, woz it?

"

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

The Guardian Apologizes for Publishing Antisemitic Cartoon of Outgoing BBC Chairman​

The cartoon was widely condemned for using anti-Jewish tropes to criticize former BBC chairman R, racist ichard Sharp's conflict of interest in making an undisclosed loan to Boris Johnson
Jonathan Shamir

What you seem to have done there is to simply type out a post, with no source, link, or more importantly reference to IPSO, a bit like this

Daily Mail apologises for taking advantage of stupid naïve people with it's lies

The publication was widely condemned for taking advantage of the less abled, naïve, racists and general losers
stupid-face-24673239.jpg

See :shrug: (Except for the fact you can't spell apologise) :lolol:

Last edited:

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
What's wrong with equity and social justice?

View attachment 164311

View attachment 164309
Sounds good to me. Not so sure about your theories of Cultural Marxism though. Can you elaborate as to why you feel this is something we should buy into.

View attachment 164313

Dear god where did you get those definitions?

Equity means equal outcome.

Cultrural Marxism is neither is neither far-right or Anti-Semitic.

Instead of screen capping quotes post your source.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

The cartoon was widely condemned for using anti-Jewish tropes to criticize former BBC chairman Richard Sharp's conflict of interest in making an undisclosed loan to Boris Johnson
Jonathan Shamir
Yes, that's bad. I resigned from my union owing to their careless antisemitism.

A full list of the sins of the Grauniad can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guardian

And if anyone wants to attempt to prove they are as bad as each other, here is the equivalent page for the mail: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Mail

Godspeed!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dear god where did you get those definitions?

Equity means equal outcome.

Cultrural Marxism is neither is neither far-right or Anti-Semitic.

Instead of screen capping quotes post your source.

Yes i could do all that, take all that time for what? Snide retorts? Do it yourself then maybe become less ignorant.
You go first.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The modern version of Woke means equity or social justice, this destroys merit and to an extent choice. So types of cultural marxism. From what I see on that snapshot the Mail is on point here.

The level of ignorance on this Forum is truly shocking.
That is absolute cobblers! As someone who considers social justice to be a major priority, it is NOT about destroying merit or choice, which I presume means you consider it to be about reducing everybody to the same level. It is about people being treated fairly and decently - people being able to live with some dignity rather than having to choose whether to eat or put the heating on, people not being discriminated against for no good reason, immigrants not being treated like Sh1t.

The level of ignorance of the Daily Mail is astounding - it is famous for printing lies and distorting the truth.

Having said that, what it is printing here is not lies as far as I can see - just stuff which the Mail and like-minded people don’t approve of, but which plenty of other people, myself included, applaud.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
The definition is simply awareness of (as in awake to)

I think there are a lot of right-wing grifters trying to forge a career out of piggybacking off of individual bitterness and frustration, and trying to present “wokeness” as a determined secret society trying to overturn everything our society holds dear, but it simply ain’t so.

Don’t mistake a few rabid twitter warriors (on either side of the debate) as representative of anything more than themselves. Most of the people I know want to live their lives peacefully with respect for all, and want the same peace to be available to everyone else.

I think a lot of those people feel disenfranchised by the heated, polarised nature of the debate and swerve it altogether. That doesn’t mean anything more than that they have the wisdom to not get sucked in to a socially engineered battle against a straw man.
Great post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here