• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • No

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I think it still has alot of the magic left. You still get the upsets and although one of the big four allways wins it, you still get sides unexpectedly reacing the final. look at Millwall a few years back, Southampton lost to Arsenal the year before, and West Hams heroics last year. You still see the classic games aswell. Last years final was probably the best cup final ive seen in a long while. Its unique, and still the biggest and best club cup competition in the world.:bowdown:

Last edited:

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
i personal dont get a buzz but then again im young etc.

it still has the 'magic' to it as teams like lewes and northwich could knock out league sides.

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
John Boy said:
I love the FA cup, I always look forward to our matches in it, even though we never win!

All those Brighton fans in yellow shirts at WHL couple of years ago, is one of my top moments of supporting Brighton, and when Chippy equalised and OGH came close :clap2:

I agree.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Basil Fawlty said:
I still love the FA Cup, it can spring out some right surprises. But the Cup Final at the Millenium Stadium just doesn't give me that buzz like the home of football does.

I agree. Playing the final outside England does lose some of the magic. This seasons final is at Wembley though isn't it?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It is still the best cup competition in the World as far as I am concerned and has provided most of the highs and lows during my time following the Albion.

Lows include my first game at the Goldstone, a 3-0 defeat to Oxford and of course the game at Kingstonian, less said about that the better, but it kept David Mellor going for the most of his 606 programme that evening.

Highs are winning away at Hull 3-2 with Terry Connor getting the winner, 4-0 at home to Man City and despite not winning the game at Old Trafford in about 94. It also provided the ridiculous, who can forget the game in the snow at Peterborough, or the game with no atmosphere at home to Southampton, grey day, grey crowd, 2-0 defeat.

Yes, the FA cup is still the best for me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No way does if have the same magic. As recently as the '80s, winning the FA Cup had almost the same kudos as winning the league. Now it's just an afterthought for the big clubs really. Faced between winning the FAC or finishing 4th, I think we all know what they'd prefer. And if the biggest clubs in the country don't care, why should the rest of us?

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Yes it still has that magic for me, although it is slightly tarnished by recent years (same old winners & Man U pulling out). It's a chance to forget about the tedium of the league. Players are usually up for it, there's the carrot of getting through the rounds and drawing a "Big" club - possibly the only time we will play a Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal type club in the near future unless there is major investment into the club -and it's great to see minnows turning over the big boys!

One of my best memories of the Albion was the trip to Anfield back in 91 where we came back from 2-0 down to force a replay at the Goldstone, with Small and Byrne getting the goals.

Oh and John Crumplin marking John Barnes out of the game!

Must dig out the match video again sometime soon!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One of the joys of winning the cup was entering the Cup Winners Cup but EUFA scrapped that. Had it still been going it would have been an added incentive for the teams outside of the top 6 in the premiership to win for european qualification.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Agree with you there, the fact that the Champions league has taken over everything because of the huge amounts involved has probably devalued the cup for the top teams as they are concentrating on trying to get into the top 3/4 places. However, the final delivered to us last season was an absolute classic, one of the best games I have seen on the box for years.

1066gull

There is going to be at least one non-premiership side in the final this year. I just can feel it.

C'mon Albion, make history. No third tier club have managed to get to the final yet (Sheff Weds nearly did didn't they?)

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Adriodinho said:
There is going to be at least one non-premiership side in the final this year. I just can feel it.

C'mon Albion, make history. No third tier club have managed to get to the final yet (Sheff Weds nearly did didn't they?)

:jester: :shootself

NURSE!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's not what it was. Mind you what is? :lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Basil Fawlty said:
I still love the FA Cup, it can spring out some right surprises. But the Cup Final at the Millenium Stadium just doesn't give me that buzz like the home of football does.

couldn't agree more :clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here