Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The magic of the F.A Cup

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The most romantic competition in the world tonight returns in it's proper form and I for one can't wait.

:yahoo:

Roared on by a partisan home audience lets home Mickey and the boys can get the job done tomorrow and start us on our F.A Cup adventure.

:clap2:

Last edited:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
bloody ridiculous on a friday night.

the magic returned many weeks ago, crodon - football does not start and finish with the magical 92.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
To be fair to Crodonilson, although the cup started many weeks ago imo the magic doesn’t truly begin until the minnows get drawn against their league placed cousins.

Good luck to the likes of Sutton, Histon, Stevenage, Blyth Spartans AFC, Evesham United, Dorchester Town, Leiston, Fleetwood Town, Alfreton Town, Droylsden, AFC Telford United, Curzon Ashton and all the others……………..

Oh yeah and us! :ascarf::ascarf::ascarf::ascarf::ascarf::ascarf:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
having watched my brother play in the very early stages of the fa cup this year against a higher team, albeit from the non league pyramid, and seeing how they treated that game i do not agree that the magic only begins when the league teams enter the competition. quite the opposite.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I got to see an ex-workmate score a goal of Match of the Day last year. It made me realise that this competition actually does give a chance for footballers at all levels to have a memory they will cherish for life.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It is a fantastic competition, the 3rd Round Draw is one of the highlights of the football calendar.

Good game to kick things off tonight, Leeds v Northampton.

Both sides willbe fancying a run in this years competition and as such no quarter will be given between two of the relative giants of this stage of the competition.

To be fair to Crodonilson, although the cup started many weeks ago imo the magic doesn’t truly begin until the minnows get drawn against their league placed cousins.

Good luck to the likes of Sutton, Histon, Stevenage, Blyth Spartans AFC, Evesham United, Dorchester Town, Leiston, Fleetwood Town, Alfreton Town, Droylsden, AFC Telford United, Curzon Ashton and all the others……………..

Oh yeah and us! :ascarf::ascarf::ascarf::ascarf::ascarf::ascarf:

The contradiction is in your own post, which names Leiston and Evesham who have both already achieved giant-killing feats. And some of these clubs are playing each other.....

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I love the FA Cup, in my opinion it is the best cup competition in the World...what other can boast the excitement of teams setting out on the road to Wembley, playing on little more than park pitches, or the likes of ordinary players taking a chance against those earning more in a week than they will in five years!

Have already seen a 4QR game, and replay, can't wait for the first round proper to get underway!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
According to Dean Cox, in today's Argus, its the BEST cup competition in the WORLD.....

......Apart from the Champions League.

Pah! Kids eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here