Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Would have liked to have gone to this. How is the new album sounding?

I'm still not conivnced they'll release an album that comes close to the live show however it's as much a step forward as Line The Wall was from the first one.

One confusion for me is the track with Jenny Beth from Savages is one of the less immediate, harsher tracks on the album (IMHO) I would have though they might have tried to use her patronage to get across one of their "poppier" moments to the kidzzzzzzzzzzzz.

No skin off my nose though.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I'm still not conivnced they'll release an album that comes close to the live show however it's as much a step forward as Line The Wall was from the first one.

One confusion for me is the track with Jenny Beth from Savages is one of the less immediate, harsher tracks on the album (IMHO) I would have though they might have tried to use her patronage to get across one of their "poppier" moments to the kidzzzzzzzzzzzz.

No skin off my nose though.

Best use of Jenny Beth to date

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Was at Jools Holland last night and have to say that none of it was my sort of music, but of the artists that were on Ed Sheeran was the pick of the crop. What talent that boy has got and he did a great number with Jools (to be shown on Friday's show).

Good to have gone, but at the same time gutted that we missed out on Arcade Fire, who are on next week's show. Seeing them as a dot in the distance at Earls Court in June will have to suffice.

Our chants of "SEAGULLS!" during the whooping and clapping I don't think could be heard over the general noise.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
This week's show features Brighton gigees that were forthcoming at the time and have now played (Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Wolf Alice) forthcoming gigees (Jenny Hval, Odonis Odonis & Ezra Furman) and local types Royal Limp and Teardrop Factory. Enjoy!

http://www.mixcloud.com/jamesmclarnon562/sonic-shuffle-19052014/

As for live music it's Ezra Furman on Thursday for me (the 3rd time I've seen him in 4 months!), Odonis Odonis on Sunday and then off to Primavera.

Is anyone going to/ considering Jabberwocky? The Saturday line up in particular looks ace. https://www.atpfestival.com/events/jabberwocky2014.php

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Any house fans on here? Went to see Ejeca at Audio on saturday night. Wasn't very packed but was a very tight set by the the young lad, one to look out for in the coming years for sure. Hoping to get some tickets for Gorgon City for the end of the month and will probably end up seeing Derrick Carter there this coming friday.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Any house fans on here? Went to see Ejeca at Audio on saturday night. Wasn't very packed but was a very tight set by the the young lad, one to look out for in the coming years for sure. Hoping to get some tickets for Gorgon City for the end of the month and will probably end up seeing Derrick Carter there this coming friday.

Symbols & Instruments - Mood. One of my favourite ambient tracks ever. Three seemingly unrelated bits of music that only make sense when they're put together. Lovely.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Not exclusively house music but do you ever got to the Disco Deviant nights at Audio? I went to the last one with Dan Avery & Andy Weatherall. I was massively impressed and looking back they've had some really good acts on there.

No I haven't actually, I'll have to go one day. Audio actually get some very good and well known acts in the dance/house scene for what is a fairly small venue. I was gutted to miss Claude VonStroke there in March when I was away!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
No I haven't actually, I'll have to go one day. Audio actually get some very good and well known acts in the dance/house scene for what is a fairly small venue. I was gutted to miss Claude VonStroke there in March when I was away!

I really enjoyed it, excellent older crowd and not oversold even though it was sold out and they could have probably sold it out again. Kind of restored my faith in clubbing as it goes.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
This can't be true! To the C2 website promptly....

resident ‏@residentmusic 8h
tickets now on sale for the truly brilliant @throwingmuses @concorde2 24/09 £22.00 [MENTION=26671]lou[/MENTION]tBrighton

resident ‏@residentmusic 7h
we don't often tweet about the same show twice but just found out that @tanyadonelly is special guest @throwingmuses @concorde2 24/09

From LOUT:
THROWING MUSES WITH TANYA DONELLY
Concorde 2, 7.30pm, £20 adv
Wednesday, September 24th, 2014
More information
"Purgatory/Paradise," Throwing Muses' first release in a decade, is both a book and an album. It is uniquely Throwing Muses and yet like nothing they've done before. A lush collection of new songs, essays, artwork and lyrics, it weaves images and music together to create a full-on sensory impression of the Muses' distinctive world. Live, it is an amalgam of musical moments, interspersed with material from years past. Tickets on sale Wednesday 21st May. Over 14's welcome.

Does that mean she's playing with them? Ah, no, she just seems to be the support.

EDIT:

HO!!!!

FROM HER TWITTER
Both: playing solo, and crashing the muses set for a few songs

Whoop whoop

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
18th November, Shepherd's Bush Empire, Darius Rucker.

Can't wait. :thumbsup:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
[SUB]e[/SUB]This Sunday Tim French is running a all day music festival in the Broadway Haywards Heath music from 11am to 10pm street party. Murdochs crazy eyes and finishing with a Stevie Wonder tribute band. www.itsmagic.org.uk great day to spend Sunday.:rock::rave::drink::clap::rave:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
resident ‏@residentmusic 8h
tickets now on sale for the truly brilliant @throwingmuses @concorde2 24/09 £22.00 [MENTION=26671]lou[/MENTION]tBrighton

resident ‏@residentmusic 7h
we don't often tweet about the same show twice but just found out that @tanyadonelly is special guest @throwingmuses @concorde2 24/09

From LOUT:
Concorde 2, 7.30pm, £20 adv
Wednesday, September 24th, 2014
More information
"Purgatory/Paradise," Throwing Muses' first release in a decade, is both a book and an album. It is uniquely Throwing Muses and yet like nothing they've done before. A lush collection of new songs, essays, artwork and lyrics, it weaves images and music together to create a full-on sensory impression of the Muses' distinctive world. Live, it is an amalgam of musical moments, interspersed with material from years past. Tickets on sale Wednesday 21st May. Over 14's welcome.

Does that mean she's playing with them? Ah, no, she just seems to be the support.

EDIT:

HO!!!!

FROM HER TWITTER
Both: playing solo, and crashing the muses set for a few songs

Whoop whoop

Take it this is a festival warm up? No news of a tour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here