Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Caught the New Eves supporting Goat Girl on Tuesday, and thought they were really decent, good set as well. Goat Girl were also very good. Bodega tend to mix up the setlists quite a lot (which not enough bands do anymore IMO), so probably just left it out that day.
Enjoyed Goat Girl too. Pleased that Sky Cowboy is still in the set list and Motorway a top song amongst many from the new album. Enjoyed catching up with you too- I know we shared different views on the support but maybe I just need to see them again.

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
I popped up to Liverpool for a few days to see Taylor Swift Friday evening at Anfield - as you do. Something I never thought I’d find myself saying until I saw the long pond studio sessions for Folklore on Disney+ during lockdown. It got me exploring her back catalogue … and here we are 4 years later. Amazing show with her set lasting 3 and a half hours. Paramore (support) were also excellent.

Was allowed to keep the top on my bottle of water which was a bonus.

IMG_1322.jpeg

Last edited:

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
My two granddaughters went to their ever first gig in St Louis to see their current favorite band a couple of days ago. How I wish I was there to see them bopping around front stage.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
After a sumptuous Coal Shed roast, a few hours in front of the big screen, Nils Frahm was magnificent last evening.

Carlsberg don't do Sundays......

View attachment 184963
Looks like the same set up as when I last saw him, that steampunk glass harmonica thing he used on Music for Animals is fun isnt it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have just bought tickets for Uniform, Kali Malone and Public Service Broadcasting

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Looks like the same set up as when I last saw him, that steampunk glass harmonica thing he used on Music for Animals is fun isnt it?
Yes indeed.
Set started with that then ended full circle back to it.
The version of Says for the encore was great, and the newer extension quite remarkable plucking / striking the vertical piano chords with the standard piano crescendo.
Great fun

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes indeed.
Set started with that then ended full circle back to it.
The version of Says for the encore was great, and the newer extension quite remarkable plucking / striking the vertical piano chords with the standard piano crescendo.
Great fun
With bog brushes?

I saw him once just before Xmas.....and he was taking about how one of his instruments had a shopping mall panpipe option...which he then demonstrated....and then did a few brief extracts of Xmas carols. It brought a smile to my face,

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I popped up to Liverpool for a few days to see Taylor Swift Friday evening at Anfield - as you do. Something I never thought I’d find myself saying until I saw the long pond studio sessions for Folklore on Disney+ during lockdown. It got me exploring her back catalogue … and here we are 4 years later. Amazing show with her set lasting 3 and a half hours. Paramore (support) were also excellent.

Was allowed to keep the top on my bottle of water which was a bonus.

View attachment 184185
Did you not find 3 and a half hours simply too long? Genuine question - I'm trying to think how I'd feel watching any of my favourite acts for 210 minutes.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
With bog brushes?

I saw him once just before Xmas.....and he was taking about how one of his instruments had a shopping mall panpipe option...which he then demonstrated....and then did a few brief extracts of Xmas carols. It brought a smile to my face,
It may well have been I'd heard that they can be his drumstick of choice.
I could not see as the stage front was between me and the floor seated Nils underneath the Joanna.
Great version though, I'd not heard that extension before.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
31 July 2024 - Humanity's Last Breath - The Dome, London

PXL_20240731_204814093.MP.jpg
PXL_20240731_204814794.MP.jpg

The most ridiculously heavy but beautiful band I have ever seen live, the best way to describe their music is a sonic reconstruction of the end of the Earth.

PXL_20240731_205832420.MP.jpg

One of the bands that are absolutely pushing metal forward with their blend of heavy music and dissonance. They bring together incredible musicianship, songwriting and production to create one of the most impressive sounds around.
PXL_20240731_205842532.MP.jpg

Buster Odehelm is one of the best musicians around at the moment, an absolute titan on the drums for Vildhjarta and Thrown and playing guitar in HLB as well as producing for a lot of bands, absolute genius.

(Sound is a bit f*cked but gets the point across).

Attachments

• PXL_20240731_204817690.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240731_204817690.MP.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 24
  • PXL_20240731_205832420.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240731_205832420.MP.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 27
  • PXL_20240731_205842532.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240731_205842532.MP.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 29
  • PXL_20240731_204814093.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240731_204814093.MP.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 19
  • PXL_20240731_204814794.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240731_204814794.MP.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 21

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Off to see the brilliant/bonkers Lene Lovich in Bristol tonight. Although most people only vaguely know her for quirky hit, Lucky Number, from 1979, she's released several brilliant albums over subsequent decades, but has mostly remained under the radar.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Been at Bloodstock this weekend, what an absolutely incredible festival.

Every year they manage to create a welcoming community with great bands too, content to come once I feel more human again, but I'll leave a highlight from Amon Amarth last night.
PXL_20240811_213402171.MP~2.jpg

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Been at Bloodstock this weekend, what an absolutely incredible festival.

Every year they manage to create a welcoming community with great bands too, content to come once I feel more human again, but I'll leave a highlight from Amon Amarth last night.View attachment 186987
Bloodstock is a consistently brilliant festival, missed it this year as we were in Vienna not seeing Taylor Swift. Looking forward to the Serpent's Lair going on sale this Wednesday, cracking lineup already for 2025. Glad you had a good one!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bloodstock is a consistently brilliant festival, missed it this year as we were in Vienna not seeing Taylor Swift. Looking forward to the Serpent's Lair going on sale this Wednesday, cracking lineup already for 2025. Glad you had a good one!
Just had a nose at Serpent’s Lair, that’s an astonishing array of real ales and craft beers they have on. It’s like a beer festival.

I counted 85 in total and just 3 are lagers! Some superb breweries in there. Someone really knows their stuff. And that’s not even including the wide range of ciders which I know nothing about.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Just had a nose at Serpent’s Lair, that’s an astonishing array of real ales and craft beers they have on. It’s like a beer festival.

I counted 85 in total and just 3 are lagers! Some superb breweries in there. Someone really knows their stuff. And that’s not even including the wide range of ciders which I know nothing about.
I was just a normal festival goer but even then it was a good selection of beer.

Lots of the Motorhead beers including the APA, IPA and Pilsner, as well as a lager which was a collaboration between Northern Monk and Malevolence (who were unbelievable by the way)
It had been 7 years since I last went and I truly realised how much I'd missed it when I was back.

Highlights for me: Green Lung (occult, stoner, doom metal), Whitechapel and Malevolence (both deathcore), Grove Street (hardcore), Amon Amarth (melodic death metal), Combichrist (industrial metal/tekno) and Flogging Molly (Celtic punk/folk).

The lineup looks immense for next year, Gojira are the best live band on the planet and there's plenty of great stuff other than them.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Yes it is a beer festival back there. Around 40 make it into Lemmy’s bar over the weekend aswell.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I was just a normal festival goer but even then it was a good selection of beer.

Lots of the Motorhead beers including the APA, IPA and Pilsner, as well as a lager which was a collaboration between Northern Monk and Malevolence (who were unbelievable by the way)

It had been 7 years since I last went and I truly realised how much I'd missed it when I was back.

Highlights for me: Green Lung (occult, stoner, doom metal), Whitechapel and Malevolence (both deathcore), Grove Street (hardcore), Amon Amarth (melodic death metal), Combichrist (industrial metal/tekno) and Flogging Molly (Celtic punk/folk).

The lineup looks immense for next year, Gojira are the best live band on the planet and there's plenty of great stuff other than them.
I’ve been every year since 2015 it’s never let me down. Cracking line up this year, Green Lung, Malevolence and Amon Amarth are brilliant

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here