Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've heard that about Jordan. She asked a question at Viv Albertine's book thing. Viv said 'I know you don't I?'
:smile:

We went to Viv's book thing when it was in Faversham. At the end some bloke asked her to marry him. She ripped him a new one. It was hilarious.

Mind you....Viv... :love: I'm not sure who wanted to give her one more, me or Mrs T :lolol:

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
I thought Fontaines DC were good tonight at the C2. Took a little bit of time to get going but the stretch from ‘Liberty Bell’ onwards was superb. Anyone else there?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I thought Fontaines DC were good tonight at the C2. Took a little bit of time to get going but the stretch from ‘Liberty Bell’ onwards was superb. Anyone else there?

Yep, enjoyed it. Found it interesting how their influences came through a bit more in a live scenario. Much more of a dance-y sound. Good show even if the crowd around me seemed to just stand there and gawk and film the ****ing thing.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
We went to Viv's book thing when it was in Faversham. At the end some bloke asked her to marry him. She ripped him a new one. It was hilarious.

Mind you....Viv... :love: I'm not sure who wanted to give her one more, me or Mrs T :lolol:

Yes, I love her too, can't believe she's about 3 years older than me!

'My real name is Mrs Bollocks, but you can call me Mrs Fvck Bollocks if you like'

:lolol:

Saw "Show of Hands" at Bexhill DLWP Pavillion last Saturday, absolutely superb and best that I have seen them (..and all other occasions have been excellent).

Sadly it clashed with Rhiannon Giddens playing in Brighton who I am also told was outstanding - anyone else go to either of these gigs?

Really gutted however that I had to miss an Adele tribute act playing nearby which clashed with both :ohmy:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Good would just about sum it up for me. Far from brilliant but did a job. The sound seemed a bit wobbly to start with and never really got sorted out. I had to move to the side as a large number were well up for some serious moshing and this spread back quite a bit. I’m now too old for that kind of thing. Support band were interesting, a cross between The Kills and Soft Cell, if that’s at all possible.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Yep, myself, brother in law and another Albion fan went and it was truly bloody magnificent. If you are a genesis fan, he played all of Selling England by the Pound, and also spectral mornings. As well as possibly one of the best genesis tracks that was never added to any album, Dejavu. Written by Gabriel, but missed off the final cut of SEBTP.

Seen genesis twice and Phil Collins once, Steve Hackett 3 times and mike and the mechanics twice...this is up there as one of the very best.

View attachment 117101

Steve Hackett is touring Genesis revisited/Seconds out. At the Dome again 20th Nov 2020. Just bought a ticket.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Steve Hackett is touring Genesis revisited/Seconds out. At the Dome again 20th Nov 2020. Just bought a ticket.

Yep going to book that. And joe Bonamassa at the centre in the summer!

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
Anyone else at Sam Fender last night at the Brighton Dome? Thoughts? Personally I thought it was a big rock show that lacked any kind of nuance but was fun. Reminded me of seeing Oasis in the 90’s. I can see why he’s already migrated to arenas on his next tour.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Anyone else see The Comet is Coming last night?

Wow.

They were good at The Haunt earlier this year, but this was truly a band at the top of their game. I called another band mesmeric recently, but that adjective describes this lot perfectly. Jazz meets rave meets techno with a blistering wall of sound. Probably my last gig of the year, and possibly my gig of the year.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone else see The Comet is Coming last night?

Wow.

They were good at The Haunt earlier this year, but this was truly a band at the top of their game. I called another band mesmeric recently, but that adjective describes this lot perfectly. Jazz meets rave meets techno with a blistering wall of sound. Probably my last gig of the year, and possibly my gig of the year.

Im seeing Shabaka’s main band on Friday. Looking forward to it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I thought Sons was his day job, so to speak?

I'd say that TCIC are as much of a day job for him these days - they have been on the road for most of the year and got much tighter as a band. But he plays with all sorts of people...difficult to say that his priorities lie in any particular direction.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd say that TCIC are as much of a day job for him these days - they have been on the road for most of the year and got much tighter as a band. But he plays with all sorts of people...difficult to say that his priorities lie in any particular direction.

Fair enough. I only heard of TCIC via Sons so assumed the later. Both are stonkingly good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here