Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Peter Hook & The Light played a blinder at C2 last night. So much more than a trip down memory lane. I has a stupid grin on my face throughout. He's playing JD & NO substance albums in full (!) next year at the Forum. Tickets have been dully ordered.

Saw Hooky at the Shiiine Weekender at Butline Minehead, he was fantastic! Cracking line up including The Inspiral Carpets, The Wonder Stuff, Happy Mondays, 808 State, The Wedding Present plus loads loads more. Still recovering after 3 superb days!

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Saw Hooky at the Shiiine Weekender at Butline Minehead, he was fantastic! Cracking line up including The Inspiral Carpets, The Wonder Stuff, Happy Mondays, 808 State, The Wedding Present plus loads loads more. Still recovering after 3 superb days![

Nice one. Should be headlining!
Weirdly I have no inclination to see NO without Hooky but would watch him rip through the back catalogue again tomorrow. Go figure.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Having not had a ticket for John Grant this Friday, I now have too many. So, if anyone wants one at cost price (£25), please PM me!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
A bit of a plug here.

Ingrid Plum (accapella/ modern folk, sound art, ambient) is playing St Andrews Church as a launch show for her soon to be released 'Plangent' debut album (it's free/ donations.) She has somehow managed to rope in 16 of the 18 players that play on the album with her into playing with her. She was spellbinding as a solo project at our Day Two festival in the summer so I can only think this show will be amazing. Anyone that's into Grouper or Jullianna Barwick will get a lot out of this.

She recently released a video - here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04FL_m9UKgA

And she did an absolutely stunning 2 song live set on Resonance radio last week, which will give you some idea of the fractured delicacy of her live performance (about 1 hour in) - http://hellogoodbyeshow.com/2015/11...bye-07-11-15-ft-band-of-holy-joy-ingrid-plum/.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Off to see Slayer (with Anthrax and Kvelertak) tonight.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Would love to but will not know if I can make it until Friday morning...if I can make it & don't hear differently on here I'll give you a shout.

Sorry mate, ticket has been snapped up. Hope you manage to get one, if you are available to go!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Enjoyed the Kirt Vile gig last night. Seems to have taken a step back towards a fairly ramshackle set with lots of tuning between songs and incomprehensible 'banter', after the fairly polished show he did on the 'Walking on a Pretty Daze' tour, but was better for it in some ways.

Was glad I never got round to buying a John Grant ticket for tomorrow as meant I could go to Ducktails instead. Anyone else choose them?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Kvelertak are amazing. Saw them in the early hours of the morning at Primavera and they were unbelievably good fun.

They were fantastic. Powerful but very melodic riffs and a few odd bits of Queen/classical thrown in.

Anthrax were a bit naff. They were let down by the singer. I'm not sure what the equivalent of dad dancing is in the metal world but he was it with his slightly out of time movements and lack of cool. Slayer was just as brutal and ferocious as I've ever seen them.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
They were fantastic. Powerful but very melodic riffs and a few odd bits of Queen/classical thrown in.

Anthrax were a bit naff. They were let down by the singer. I'm not sure what the equivalent of dad dancing is in the metal world but he was it with his slightly out of time movements and lack of cool. Slayer was just as brutal and ferocious as I've ever seen them.

What was the venue like and did you go on your own?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What was the venue like and did you go on your own?

It was the Columbiahalle which is a 3500 capacity prefab looking hall from the 50s. It's not pretty but works well for gig. And yes, I went on my own :cry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here