TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
turienzo's lovechild said:
i think i was there aswell

defo saw them at the dome

my 1st gig infact

And mine....do you think that's a solid foundation for a gay affair? ;)

rool

Jul 10, 2003
saw them at wembley supporting the beautiful south. Pure rates as one of my top 5 also.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
John Redwood once wrote an article in the Guardian, trying to claim Britpop was essentially in tune with the Tories, and citing as proof the Lightning Seeds lyrics, "Everything's blue now, oh lucky you". Twat.

Cue, an angry riposte from Ian Broudie saying they meant nothing of the sort.
:lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just dug out 4 Lightening Seeds albums from my collection. I didnt know I had so many.

Cloudcuckooland is now playing.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
"Before creating the Lightining Seeds he had been a member of several bands including the semi-legendary late '70's punk outfit Big in Japan, who's line up also included Frankie Goes To Hollywood's Holly Johnson."

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Les Biehn said:
"Before creating the Lightining Seeds he had been a member of several bands including the semi-legendary late '70's punk outfit Big in Japan, who's line up also included Frankie Goes To Hollywood's Holly Johnson."

Most of Big in Japan became latterly famous, not just Ian Broudie and Holly Johnson. Bill Drummond was owner of the legendary Zoo Records (where everyone who was anyone in Liverpool started out), manager of Echo & The Bunnymen, and then of course a star in his own right with the Justified Anciencts of Mu Mu/KLF. Keyboard player David Balfe joined the Teardrop Explodes. The drummer Budgie went on to be in The Slits and then joined Siouxsie & the Banshees. He is also still married to Siouxsie, I believe. Singer Jayne Casey formed Pink Military/Pink Industry.

Their most famous song was "Suicide a Go Go", although imo their best was "S.C.U.M. (Society for Cutting Up Men)".

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here