• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 34

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm guessing your recollection of Bonfire history is not top notch. That aside, what part of the tableau is 'objecting' to the stadium? Is it the "Home to Roost" on the side? Or the smile on the seagull's face in his new home? Or is it the fact you don't actually understand Bonfire?

South Street did burn the evil two during that era. I presume you have also forgotten the support given by the Rooks and the significant number of Albion fans that are Bonfire members.

That's very big brush you need to tar us with the same ideas of a few local councillors. Get your facts straight before you try to condemn every Lewes resident. A lot of us Lewesians were as pissed off with them as you were.

Ok, OK, I get it - I apologise. Maybe the beer and many years of battle with "Lewes" has pickled my brain !!!!!! :kiss:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It was definitely a celebration thing, said on the side Home to Roost, At Last, or something similar.

Took a pic of my daughter with it, will put it up later.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
We often see this from some of our own supporters - the thread starter included - getting confused between the 'people of Lewes' and the then liberal-democrat run Lewes District Council who spent thousands of our money trying to stop the stadium. Newsflash time. Lewes has many Albion supporters and a hell of a lot of people voted for the Seagulls Party when Lord B and others were taking on LDC all those years ago.

So, suitably chastised, you may now throw yourselves on my mercy and pray I forgive you. :D:D:D

Really ? I'm not so sure myself. I don't recall any burnings of Norman Baker and his cronies when the battle was being fought and now all of a sudden they are "celebrating" the new stadium ?
Norman Baker and Ann de Vecchi were paraded around the town in hostile effigy mode YEARS ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here