Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Legends Wall at AMEX

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Of that list I wouldn't have Dean Wilkins either. One free kick and several years of wafting delicately around the midfield, making a few gentle "tackles"? How he got his free kick reputation I will never know, as the Ipswich game aside, I barely remember him scoring one.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think Lawrenson should be a complete no-no. Completely dismissed us a few years back in favour of Preston in the FA Cup. That's his club, send them a poster as a goodwill gesture, after all we're not playing them this coming season. To me it's almost like we don't exist in his mind. Replace with Bobby Z or if space permits an obvious shout has to be Gary Hart & Kerry Mayo who sweated blood for this club during our dark times......

I don't care if he's an irritating TV presence or if he supports his home town team, for a lot of Albion fans he was quite simply the greatest player this club has ever had, therefore his inclusion is a no brainer. £900,000 for an Albion player in the early 1980s equates to a gigantic amount in today's market, and even at Liverpool he's ranked up there with Hansen as a true great.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I don't care if he's an irritating TV presence or if he supports his home town team, for a lot of Albion fans he was quite simply the greatest player this club has ever had, therefore his inclusion is a no brainer. £900,000 for an Albion player in the early 1980s equates to a gigantic amount in today's market, and even at Liverpool he's ranked up there with Hansen as a true great.

This. And he scored the greatest goal I've ever seen an Albion player score.

Still a bit of a knob-end when it comes to Brighton nowadays though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think sadly it has more to do with Fulham retaining his imaging rights.

He was the front page of the final Withdean programme so that isn't correct. As has already been said, it's just 'indicative artwork shown only'.
We shall have to wait and see who the legends are.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's going to look great though

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As it is banners that are on this wall of legends, it may be possible that it will change every now and again.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Anyone whos saids Lawernson should not be an Albion Legend is either not old enough to have seen him play or knows nothing about football.

Nonsense! It has everything to do with his shocking attitude towards us. A casual observer would think he had never played for us. Nothing positive and can only bang on about Liverpool and Preston. If you are that forgiving perhaps Mr Murray ought to be included?

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Murry is not a Legend, 1 decent season, Lawernson onthe other hand stood out in every season he played for us and I can only think that you are too young to have seen him play. It's what he did on the pitch for the Albion that makes him a Legend.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Murry is not a Legend, 1 decent season, Lawernson onthe other hand stood out in every season he played for us and I can only think that you are too young to have seen him play. It's what he did on the pitch for the Albion that makes him a Legend.

good post,

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
If that's the final line up without Zamora, it's a joke.

No it isn't. If you've read the postings above, and looked at the plan itself, it states that 'Indicative artwork shown only'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here