Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Legends Wall at AMEX

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Actually I'm sure you're right. Clearly BZ will be on there or will he......

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
http://wam.brighton-hove.gov.uk/PlanningWAM/doc/Drawing(s)-1814899.pdf?extension=.pdf&id=1814899&location=VOLUME3&contentType=application/pdf&pageCount=1

I know it's mentioned in another thread but this is news to me and I thought it deserved a thread of it's own.

What do people think of those chosen. Paul Rogers is the only one that stands out as a little odd for me.

I had a work placement in the commercial department last year and they took every opportunity to stick Paul's face on things so this could just be another wind-up :lol: But then the work he has done for the club since retiring has been exceptional and may merit a place on the wall in that?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
On there is

Dean Wilkins
Paul Rogers
Johnny Byrne
Brian Horton
Mark Lawrenson
Peter Ward
Tony Towner
Peter O'Sullivan
Bert Murray
John Napier
Kit Napier
Norman Gall
Jimmy Langley
Frankie Howard
Glen Wilson
Johnny McNichol
Tommy Cook
Charlie Webb
Alber Longstaff

Pretty much in time order though

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm no expert on planning consent, but surely that's just a rough draft?

Can't believe they wouldn't include Bobby Z

It would be to just agree the details of the size and the design of the posters, they would be able to make any changes to the name/player drawings they wanted.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I think Lawrenson should be a complete no-no. Completely dismissed us a few years back in favour of Preston in the FA Cup. That's his club, send them a poster as a goodwill gesture, after all we're not playing them this coming season. To me it's almost like we don't exist in his mind. Replace with Bobby Z or if space permits an obvious shout has to be Gary Hart & Kerry Mayo who sweated blood for this club during our dark times......

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Paul Rodgers was a good enough player and is doing a stirling job in the commercial department, but with the greatest respect to the man, he in not an albion legend.

they may not feature so highly in the skill stakes but both Gary Hart and FDM are well renowned by fans.

and non playing legends should include Mike Bamber, Alan Mullery, Dick Knight and Tony Bloom.

And there are no goalkeepers on that list.

Mark Beeney - without his sale to Leeds we wouldn't be here today

Brian Powney - arguably our best ever

Peter Grummitt - made the best save I have EVER seen, second only to Gordon Banks against Pele

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
The 2 players from the 'modern era' who should be there are BZ and OGH. But not until they have hung up their boots.

Otherwise not much wrong with the list provided.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here