Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Leeds United's prodigal son returns, but to what?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
A strange one, just one season in the first team and probably a lot of fans never got to see him play live. Won player of the season but likely to be due to a few votes from Elland Road.
Polite applause but no hero worship.
This. Definitely not a returning hero. A decent young man and an excellent player for us last season though - so I'll give him a polite round of applause and not really wish him any ill.

I will join in with a very good fun "You should have stayed at a big club" if by some miracle the game situation allows it.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Be nice................we might want him back one day, no point in having unnecessary enemies out there, he might persuade other players to come to this great club.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I hope he gets a good reception, he should do. Not only a decent player for us, albeit briefly, but brought in a huge amount of cash for the club.

I of course hope he has a thoroughly terrible evening but I'd like our team to make it so rather than our fans.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Despite him playing a full season for the first team, and me being a season ticket holder, l've never even set eyes on him.

The Amex was virtually out of bounds all last season, so impossible to say how l'll react on Saturday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and for you completists out there.

In the unlikely event Sky doesn't touch the fixture, in just:-

107 days
or
2570 hours
or
154,192 minutes.

You will be singing "Cry in a minute, he's gonna cry in as minute" :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'll give him a round of applause for what he did for us last season (and the money) and when the whistle blows, he'll get the same stick any opposing player will get.

He's had a bit of a result already. He only has to choose between marking Duffy or Dunk at corners and not Duffy, Dunk or Webster :wink:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Only made one notable mistake in the Palace game just before their winner so I would expect a good reception.

Plenty of the Tony Bloom 50 million songs though

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I hope the Albion fans give Ben White a warm reception.

If they don't, and some are dickheads about it, then I can imagine it won't go down well with not only Lewis Dunk but also Bissouma who could be in a similar position to White next year.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Not looking forward to him scoring the winning goal.

As long as he doesn't cup his ears in front of the home fans or over celebrate, I'll accept he's just doing a job. Meanwhile, we got £50m and a rejuvenated Duffy for free, so I'll give him a warm welcome at the outset, then he's just one of the opposition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here