Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The League Table Today

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Would love a Palace Play off final, (but not a semi final)

Can just see it....we are ahead with two minutes remaining....Palace then get a penalty but Murray misses as Thomas makes a great save....such a perfect scenario

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A playoff final loss to palace is actually no more gutting than a loss to anyone else. It is devastating no matter who the opponents are.

Of course the gimps would gloat, but I reckon in just 1 year league positions would be reversed, and the rise of the albion would continue.

Do you reckon that will be quoted on NSCQuotes? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would not be entirely surprising if the current top six were those teams in those places at the end of the season?

Forest's next 3 games are:-

Away v Wednesday :lol:
Home v Ipswich
Home v Wolves.

Before Hull then us.

We can't afford to drop many points because they will pick up a minimum of 7 from 9.

'Boro's up and coming games are equally 'easy', but nobody is stoooopid enough to predict there scores.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I would seriously have to think twice about going to a play of final if it was us V Palace, could be way more trouble than its worth.

This.
If we had Palace in the final it would be very unlikely that i would go, too much grief.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I am starting to think Palace's away form could see them miss out on a play off spot. I think Hull, Leicester, Brighton and Forest could fill the play off positions.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I am starting to think Palace's away form could see them miss out on a play off spot. I think Hull, Leicester, Brighton and Forest could fill the play off positions.

Palace's away form will stop us getting automatic promotion if it doesn't improve quickly. We're drawing far too often. Thankfully our home form is exceptional which means we're almost certainly going to finish in the top 6. If we can get a few extra wins away from home and maintain the home form we've had all season, we've got a decent chance of finishing in the top 2.

Derby on Friday will be massive. Win and we've got every chance of automatic promotion. Lose and we're resigned to the lottery of the playoffs.

After we hammer them on the 17th of next month, I think NSC will change its opinion of not wanting them in the playoffs...

We're a far better side than them, especially now that Zaha is looking totally uninterested. Beating them in the playoffs would be sweet as f*** and would give us bragging rights for the rest of our lifetimes.

Since when has Zaha been looking uninterested? He has been MoM several times in his last few games. The move to Old Trafford has taken a weight off his shoulders and he has been exceptional in almost every game since. See Watford away where he was utterly superb alongside Williams.

As for being a far better side, don't make me laugh. We've been in the top 4 pretty much all season and you've only just scraped into the top 6 this week.

You are making things up as usual :moo:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Palace's away form will stop us getting automatic promotion if it doesn't improve quickly. We're drawing far too often. Thankfully our home form is exceptional which means we're almost certainly going to finish in the top 6. If we can get a few extra wins away from home and maintain the home form we've had all season, we've got a decent chance of finishing in the top 2.

Derby on Friday will be massive. Win and we've got every chance of automatic promotion. Lose and we're resigned to the lottery of the playoffs.

Since when has Zaha been looking uninterested? He has been MoM several times in his last few games. The move to Old Trafford has taken a weight off his shoulders and he has been exceptional in almost every game since. See Watford away where he was utterly superb alongside Williams.

As for being a far better side, don't make me laugh. We've been in the top 4 pretty much all season and you've only just scraped into the top 6 this week.

You are fully aware that if we win our game in hand and beat you at the Amex, then we will in all likelyhood be above you on gd. So by your way of thinking, we have just as much chance of automatic. And it doesn't matter how long you been in the top 4 or 6...It's who's there after 46 games.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
You are fully aware that if we win our game in hand and beat you at the Amex, then we will in all likelyhood be above you on gd. So by your way of thinking, we have just as much chance of automatic. And it doesn't matter how long you been in the top 4 or 6...It's who's there after 46 games.

No. You don't have just as much chance of automatic promotion. Your explanation is flawed.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Maybe not. How many Portsmouth fans now gloat about winning the cup? :lolol:

Yeah, but we're taking about palace fans here. 2 (or is it 3?) administrations for them and our unbelievable bad treatment from previous owners and subsequent move to Gillingham and then Withdean, has not stopped them lording it over us. Of course it was because they were so so brilliant that they've managed 35 gazillion years in the top two leagues and we haven't. Nothing to do with the fact that they basically cheated their way to the limited success they
had and that we cut our cloth accordingly......

Couldn't be bothered recently with all the bash palace stuff but there's something about seeing the name 'Glenn-Murray' that somehow sets me off.:mad:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No. You don't have just as much chance of automatic promotion. Your explanation is flawed.
You can tell four or five days have passed since Palace last lost. This prick is back on here to bore us all.

Any chance you could act the gobshite just after one of your increasingly common amusing away defeats?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Everything is flawed, that is the nature of if's and but's. Everything is still possible. Our form based on the last ten games is three points better than yours and we are only just starting to go through the gears.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I think both of you and looking at ifs and buts. Fact is that both teams have a small chance of automatic, but realistic chances of Playoffs. Think we have an easier run in on paper, and of course we have to play you at home and warmed by the fact that you have never in your history done the double over us. I personally think both of us have to look at Forest, they are the team that could pass us both. So let's wait and see.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You should be far more concerned about Leicester who are winning at the moment.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It would be brilliant though! Get goose bumps thinking about it, this would be the biggest game in both our histories.

Not quite though - the biggest game in albion history was at Hereford.

If we'd gone out the league, the club could well have died, we may never had had the AMEX, and we'd now be posting on an AFC Brighton website.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Once again you lot seem very convinced of your play-off spot. There are plenty more twists and turns to come, not to mention you have five games in fifteen days to get through. You will pretty much know after those fifteen days where your future lies.

Huddersfield currently beating Burnley 1-0

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here