Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The last time I spoke to a copper….

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
When my cafe was burgled for the third time, the copper who came went to have a look at the broken window, which had blood all over it.
I went out with him, and commented that I had hoped to find the scrote lying on the ground with a broken leg,as he had obviously fallen from a fair height. I said I would have given him a couple of digs had that been the case. The copper then said,completely po faced” I’ll pretend I didn’t hear that, Sir”

Do they leave their sense of humour at home when they go on duty?

Anyway, they got the scrote about 18 months later with DNA evidence, he had something like 20 offences to his name, and got a suspended sentence. And he had to pay for my window.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Probably the last time I nodded a polite 'hello' to a longstanding member of the NSC fraternity, on the concourse of west upper at half time, about 3 years ago.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
When my cafe was burgled for the third time, the copper who came went to have a look at the broken window, which had blood all over it.
I went out with him, and commented that I had hoped to find the scrote lying on the ground with a broken leg,as he had obviously fallen from a fair height. I said I would have given him a couple of digs had that been the case. The copper then said,completely po faced” I’ll pretend I didn’t hear that, Sir”

Anyway, they got the scrote about 18 months later with DNA evidence, he had something like 20 offences to his name, and got a suspended sentence. And he had to pay for my window.

Was it the uniform that attracted you?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Years ago I used to attend the Live Exports Demo's at Shoreham. There always used to be a heavy police presence and some days it could get quite "tasty". On one occasion amongst the assembled police in attendance I noticed that one of them was wearing a badge bearing the instruction "Press Officer". So I did.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
On duty, about 6 years ago when a detective came to my house to get an urgent out of hours search warrant signed.

Off duty, two weeks ago at a barbi

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yesterday, upon leaving Cambridge Utd vs Oxford Utd in a torrential downpour. I wanted to cut down a path past the old allotment end that is reserved for away fans immediately post game (we’d been in with the Cambridge supporters). A police officer stopped me and said I’d have to go the long way round, then he looked at my kids getting thoroughly soaked and took pity on us.
“Go on then,” he said. “And if another officer tries to turn you back just ask them to radio me and I’ll say I said it was ok. Have a safe journey home.”

Naturally, I was left seething by yet another encounter with a polite, understanding and helpful police officer.

Last edited:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

That will teach him!

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
This morning. My daughter is on the thin blue line.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
About 20 years ago - I did a few gigs with him. He played bagpipes, northumbrian pipes and whistles. He came from New Zealand; as bagpipers do ..........

You don't see many these days!

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
It would have been around 5am and a snowplough had driven past and left a considerable bank of snow behind their car. They asked me to help shovel them out. I did, but they still refused my request for a drive home after. I'd just finished work and was not in the mood to walk the remaining half hour or so in a blizzard.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

they hung him?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Marched out of Brentford with my arm behind my back because I so badly needed a piss that when told to stay on the concourse It was a choice between refusing or getting my todger out and pissing down the steps.
I blame you lot crowding out the area behind the goal as I was up in the seats, the 4 pub crawl did not help either.
I went to a pub, pint and a piss then walked straight back in as they left the gate open behind the goal.
Far too many Albion fans in that night.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Thought I'd share an incident that occurred a week ago. Nasty group of Londoners causing problems with the staff and customers around my shop and the shops either side of me. This went on for an hour or so and they got more troublesome as time went on. A mix of drink & drugs didn't help. Accosting the ladies walking by, trying to steal from the shops and being a nuisance. After two hours the shop owners had all arrived along with security (4 cars all parked on the pavement). Having had enough I dialed 999, giving full descriptions of each person and what they were doing. I was told a police car was within seconds of me and I saw it with lights flashing and so hung up. But the car turned off before getting to us. 15 minutes later I rang 999 again and was told 'officers attended and saw nothing'. This made my blood boil. After the group finally moved off I contacted the police again (101) to find out what happened and again I was told the officers 'attended and saw nothing'. I argued my case that no officer attended and made an official complaint. It then got escalated to a higher ranking officer who, in a 20 minute call to me kept saying 'attended' to which I stated no police offer attended. I stood my ground asking for proof they attended. It was looked into and their personal cameras were turned off. I stated how, had they 'attended' they would probably have given us all parking tickets, this angered the high ranking officer. After a few days the police did agree in writing that no officers attended the scene and apologised.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Thought I'd share an incident that occurred a week ago. Nasty group of Londoners causing problems with the staff and customers around my shop and the shops either side of me. This went on for an hour or so and they got more troublesome as time went on. A mix of drink & drugs didn't help. Accosting the ladies walking by, trying to steal from the shops and being a nuisance. After two hours the shop owners had all arrived along with security (4 cars all parked on the pavement). Having had enough I dialed 999, giving full descriptions of each person and what they were doing. I was told a police car was within seconds of me and I saw it with lights flashing and so hung up. But the car turned off before getting to us. 15 minutes later I rang 999 again and was told 'officers attended and saw nothing'. This made my blood boil. After the group finally moved off I contacted the police again (101) to find out what happened and again I was told the officers 'attended and saw nothing'. I argued my case that no officer attended and made an official complaint. It then got escalated to a higher ranking officer who, in a 20 minute call to me kept saying 'attended' to which I stated no police offer attended. I stood my ground asking for proof they attended. It was looked into and their personal cameras were turned off. I stated how, had they 'attended' they would probably have given us all parking tickets, this angered the high ranking officer. After a few days the police did agree in writing that no officers attended the scene and apologised.

protect and serve...:annoyed:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I frequently speak to police officers if with my kids. Sounds daft but I want my kids to know that police officers are there to be approached and not run away from.

Kids always seem to think you run from police

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here