Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Kingston park and ride

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's a field near Ashcombe roundabout. You then walk onto the main A27 and catch a scheduled bus to the Amex. This could be a 28 or 29.
After the game you catch a return bus by the Swan and pick up your car. I don't know how much it costs to park in the field but the bus fare would be £4 return.

It's a field near Ashcombe roundabout. You then walk onto the main A27 and catch a scheduled bus to the Amex. This could be a 28 or 29.
After the game you catch a return bus by the Swan and pick up your car. I don't know how much it costs to park in the field but the bus fare would be £4 return.
Or "free" with a Travel Voucher.

The field is controlled by the people who run the catering van next to the old Ashcombe toll house.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

To catch the bus back, use the underpass then walk up to the 'off sliproad' bus stop. If you walk up to the 'Swan' bus stop every bus will already be full.

I am not sure they charge for the carpark (I may be wrong) but you should get a cuppa or summat from the van.

And as LB says, travel vouchers are valid on the bus.

On the 2nd Jan, the car park at County Hall is free and the bus stop on Lewes High St is adjacent. Lewes station car park still charges however, despite it being a bank holiday.

This information is brought to you by Albion Economics, your local transport economics consultant.

PG

This information is brought to you by Albion Economics, your local transport economics consultant.

PG
I understand the Club is looking for an "independent" transport consultant to prove that the transport issues for travel to the stadium have all been resolved.

I fear you've chosen the wrong name.

:(

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It does make me wonder why no farmer with a field approx 2 miles or less from the Stadium doesn't just open his gate on matchdays and charge a fiver entry (no PP necessary if use less than 28 days/annum). A nice little burger fan on the side and it would be a money maker.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
It does make me wonder why no farmer with a field approx 2 miles or less from the Stadium doesn't just open his gate on matchdays and charge a fiver entry (no PP necessary if use less than 28 days/annum). A nice little burger fan on the side and it would be a money maker.

Fine at the start of the season, but I suspect the Farmer would be using his tractors to tow most of the cars out in the middle of Winter after a bout of heavy rain.

Kendo3

Jul 26, 2004
Uckfield
Hi, I used it once. The problem is we had to wait for at least three buses from the Lewes direction before we could get on, they were all full. Similarly getting back to Kingston we had a similar issue, then had to brave the dual carriage way to get back to the other side. Its a great idea and place to park if he offered a shuttle service. He does charge, I think its £3.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here