Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Killers and the Kings of Leon

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Two bands on absolute top form, Human and Use Somebody are two absolute stokers from these bands. Didn't like the Kings of Leon much before this album but f*** me they got good.

Surely I'm not on my own here am i?.. or am I just a victim of popular culture..?.. ahem :rave:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Use somebody is one of the songs of the year. Human took awhile but really like it now not sure Killers fans from old have taken to the new sound

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
both tracks are fantastic, two great bands. I prefer the killers though, I don't think they have ever done a bad song so far.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
always loved the killers from day 1 (literally), KOL I've just warmed to. Just bought the new album after loving the two singles.. Do u think having a k in your name makes you good?? I think it may well play a part.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
:drool:

These 2 are f***ing class.

Add some Kaiser Cheifs to that list, bang on it :D

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
and some Koasis....with the silent K...maybe ;)

Ohhh and one CLASS act that we're missing out, is the KOOKS...i fookin love the them i do..they get their TOUR CIDER from MIDDLE farm...they told Jo Whiley on the Live Lounge a few months back

and TCT...play the album all the way through, dont just play ur fave songs..I personally dont think "sex on fire" is the best song on that ALBUM.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Kings of Leon I would definately agree with but for me Killers have gone far too poppie. I'd also add Snow Patrol and Kaiser Chiefs amongst others to that list as well.

I would have to say in my opinion the general the standard of Indie/Pop Rock is lower this year than a few years back

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
KoL were fantastic - listened to their first album endlessley and the second was damn fine too. Get he impression that the're getting far too mainstream now though - I liked their new stuff but bored of it very quickly.

As for Killers, they've surely gone from mainstream to dissapearing up their own arse - utter gash IMHO

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Never been a fan of either, until spent yesterday listening to Radio 6, and Human must have been played 3 or 4 times - found it to be a real grower.

In terms of Kings of Leon, I'm with Horses Arse. First two albums were great. New album is good but gets samey quickly.

I've not heard the Killers stuff, but always preferred the first album to anything they did subsequently (probably, in truth, due to exposure). Saw them live about 12(?) months ago and they were great though.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Definitely prefer the older K.O.L. stuff. Nothing on the new album is a patch on 'California Waiting' or 'Four Kicks'.

As for The Killers, they can't really do any wrong. Great band.

Cazza

Sep 8, 2008
i lurve the killers and cant wait to see them

to be honest i dont buy into too much what is trendy and what isnt or how mainstream someone has become, if i like them i like them

but the perhaps i am hypcritical as i dont like mainstream cheesy dance

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
The Killers first album was top class. The second was shite and going from the single they are now some euro pop band.

Kings of leon are brilliant though.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
i lurve the killers and cant wait to see them

to be honest i dont buy into too much what is trendy and what isnt or how mainstream someone has become, if i like them i like them

but the perhaps i am hypcritical as i dont like mainstream cheesy dance

Exactly. I don't like mainstream pop, hence I don't like the direction the Killers and others are going

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here