Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Kerry Mayo debate

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Well Mr Wombat, despite your 5 somewhat dubious claims Kerry has still managed 300 plus games in various divisions under 8 different managers. On several occasions 'better' players have been brought in to replace him only for the Ginger Prince to rise to the challenge.

I expect you're one of those who's been gagging for someone to have a go at since Brooker left. Don't sit in C block by any chance do you?

On your 5 points:
(1) He's not the quickest but he's not the slowest either
(2) His distribution is certainly better than Cullip/Butters
(3) As he is a full-back I'm not sure I'd be looking for him to take the right winger on in his own half (that one is right up there with the slagging that Brooker got for not making crunching tackles)
(4) You obviously go only occasionally. He does make errors but no more than most of the rest of the team
(5) Don't agree.

Uncle Buck said:
What you mean your views?

Ner, ner de ner ner.

Oh yes, half-term it is.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Spiros, thank you, at last someone pointing it out how it is.

He's a professional football player, and has been for many years, consecutive managers have picked him, dropped him and got him back in the side. Last time we were in this division he was one of the better players in our side, and consistent. (Consistent doesn't mean you can't have a couple of bad games).

People who have the ability to call him one of the 2 worst players really are talking out of their hats. The worst players for the Albion have been found out, and shipped out pretty sharpish. The only one who got away with it for too long was Dirk Lehman.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Kerry Mayo is far from a great player but he is a very solid defender who gives 100% week in week out for this club.

He is a local lad who supports and clearly loves the club and i'm my eyes and many others is an Albion legend! :bowdown: :albion: :bowdown:

I would much rather him than Dan Harding in the side at left back any day!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Dazbez said:
Now to tape a phone in that is sad.

Get a grip boys everyone dislikes certain players and Jay hates Mayo, nothing we can do about that.

I think it's great that he has wound you up so much.

If we want to move forward we need players who can play football, not just try hard.

We have both been on the phone in many times, we were both at Leeds, where I dont remember Mayo having an outstanding game.

Even true supporters can have a dislike of their own players.

I had it taped for me but an attentive child....

And for the love of God, for the last f***ing time I am NOT debating the ability of said Mayo... I am debating that he was classed as being in the worst 2 players ever. Can you not READ or does your mate's ignorance stretch to yours as well?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here