Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Kerry Mayo debate

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Is there a thread for this yet after it was mentioned on the phone in yesterday?

The wanker (BA with hons) who claimed Mayo was amongst the worst 2 Albion players ever...

How do pratts like this have the intrelligence to speak let alone understand the rules of football?

Harty was right, he was either inebriated or f***ing ignorant.

The cherry on top of the cake was the next call when the original twat's 'life partner' came on to defend him!

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I have always rated Kerry as a player so anyone who gives him that sort of criticism is a moron!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Sorry, but I think he is out of his depth in this division. Don't get me wrong, he has done us proud over the years, but we need a better left back in this division, and we don't have one.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
dougdeep said:
Sorry, but I think he is out of his depth in this division. Don't get me wrong, he has done us proud over the years, but we need a better left back in this division, and we don't have one.

This isn't a debate about whether he's good enough for this division...maybe he isn't... but is he in the worst 2 players ever? He's not in the worst several hundred players ever...

Incidentally, prior to the last 2 matches he's been outstanding if anyone cared to notice.

Last edited:

macky

Dec 28, 2004
dougdeep said:
i think a lot of our players
are out of there depth
but they are all doing ok at the moment

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Spicy said:
I have always rated Kerry as a player so anyone who gives him that sort of criticism is a moron!!

Agreed. I would have pointed out that Kerry was voted runner up to Player of the Season two years ago whilst playing at this level.
An odd few may agree with this person but the majority wouldn't.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
dougdeep said:

I would tend to agree, but only someone who never went to Gillingham would claim he's one of the worst ever.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I have been really impressed by the ability to bounce back to reclaim his which Kerry has displayed in recent years, I can't think of another player who has shown more determination. He can look out of his depth or he can be on fire, this inconsistency can be a problem, but only a f...wit of the highest order could discuss him as a being contender as our worst player ever. There are few players I admire more, he bleeds blue and white.

blueandwhitearmy

Oct 29, 2004
Bevendean
In the 9 games I have seen him in this season he has played well and coped just as well as anyone else. I think our whole squad bar a few would seem out of depth in the championship but we are currently in a safe and satisfactory position considering the odds stacked against us at the beginning of the season.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Repugnant Toad said:
I would tend to agree, but only someone who never went to Gillingham would claim he's one of the worst ever.

Exactly my thought.

Just as bad as that guy though, was the jerwad who came on afterwards to have a go at Harty for criticising someone else's opinion.

Let's get this straight - debating whether Kerry is doing a good job at this level is fine, but suggesting that he is one of the 2 worst players ever to play for the Albion is not just wrong; it's an insult to a player that has given his career to this club and remained a loyal and committed member of the team through the most difficult of circumstances.

So you're right - there's NO WAY that guy had ever been to Gillingham.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Kerry has shown great commitment and loyalty as well as his determination to win his place back time after time. He may be off form in the last two games, but was outstanding against Forest and Leeds. Remember the crap left backs before him, Jamie Campbell and Paul Sturgess? Exactly. Lets hope Kerry gets a deserved testimonial next year.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I thought he was holding back for it to be the first match at Falmer

Full house guaranteed

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Smart Mart said:
I never really got over that own goal at Hereford ;)

As was pointed out recently following our game at Bramall Lane, whenever Kerry has scored an own goal, we've never lost the game. :lol:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Has everyone forgotten how earlier in the season Harding was getting a right old slagging; to which the message was "come back Kerry all is forgiven".

I thought he was a bit unlucky with the penalty yesterday (having the best view of course, on my TV screen this morning) for which the McCoist wrongly blamed Butters.

So sometimes he doesn't play as well as at other times. Which of our team doesn't. Knight? Harding? Hinshelwood is a bit wobbly too at the moment.

Give the buggers a chance; even Yelldell!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
teaboy said:
Better than Damian Hilton and Peter Smith

That's not much in the way of reassurance-my Mum's better than those 2 and she's 74.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here