Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'Joke Club' thread

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Well, all of my plus 3 are Albion fans through and through. One's been going since the 80s, had a season ticket for many years, but hasn't been much in the last few seasons. The other two have been to quite a few games, home and away, in the last few years, but never had season tickets. Think you'll find that most new ST's will be similar to these. Stop worrying.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
We were ALL JCL's at one point, I don't see the problem really....

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm hoping that The Amex is filled with people like you.

I'm sorry, but it won't be, because he's talking guff. There are 500-1000 regular away fans. I reckon 80% of these are withdean regulars, so how do you expect around 200 "loud away fans" to FILL the Amex. The myths about people who ALWAYS used to go to the Goldstone and ALWAYS go to away matches are astounding ploys by long-lapsed supporters and JCLs trying to fit in. Don't get me wrong though, I've got nothing against JCLs, so long as, as stated above, they don't wear man united hats to the Amex.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's noticeably a lot more Albion kit being worn around town at the moment. Most of it SKINT. Hopefully this will translate into huge numbers of lapsed fans helping fill the Amex, rather than JCLs.

palace2

Jan 21, 2010
I don't mind the new jacks as long as they don't wear replica shirts/merchandise of other teams. Sometimes even see that at Withdean.

hahaha aww poor brighton my point exactly!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
This bullshit about JCLs should stop. The more the merrier and who the hell cares what or who a newcomer supported before ?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If we want decent crowds - and SURELY we do - then some people just have to deal with the fact that an increasing number will not fit in with the personality traits of the hardened "I've seen us play away to Walsall on a Tuesday night in a poxy Cup and lose 5-0" type fan. That's all a bit too far up our own backsides for me. We want to encourage new fans to our club don't we, not belittle them for being lesser fans in some way.

Welcome one, welcome all.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I've never had a season ticket at the Withdean, in fact i've seen only 20 odd games there. I have however been to plenty of away games every season over the last 10 years, and like the majority of the people i meet up with at these games have purchased a season ticket for Falmer. Not because we are not 'real fans' but because the whole 'post Goldstone' era has been (a few promotions aside) a load of shit. It's us away fans that will bring the noise, you may well be one of them and I hope you are, but there are plenty of Brighton fans who have been waiting for the 6th August, just like me.

Its that bit that gets me (not picking on you but that does seem to be the general consensus). Has it really been shit? Promotion, relegation battles, fights for the stadium, one of the all time Brighton legends playing his trade. A lot of clubs would have killed for what has gone on the pitch during the Withdean years. Even the Withdean on those late summer days or spring days has been good. Shame that some think of this time as no good

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
If we want decent crowds - and SURELY we do - then some people just have to deal with the fact that an increasing number will not fit in with the personality traits of the hardened "I've seen us play away to Walsall on a Tuesday night in a poxy Cup and lose 5-0" type fan. That's all a bit too far up our own backsides for me. We want to encourage new fans to our club don't we, not belittle them for being lesser fans in some way.

Welcome one, welcome all.

Spot on :amex:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I'm sorry, but it won't be, because he's talking guff. There are 500-1000 regular away fans. I reckon 80% of these are withdean regulars, so how do you expect around 200 "loud away fans" to FILL the Amex. The myths about people who ALWAYS used to go to the Goldstone and ALWAYS go to away matches are astounding ploys by long-lapsed supporters and JCLs trying to fit in. Don't get me wrong though, I've got nothing against JCLs, so long as, as stated above, they don't wear man united hats to the Amex.

Because you say so?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here