Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The johnny come lately test paper

Yoda

English & European
1) a complete and utter fat c**t , but I guess the answers either "is a wanker,is a wanker" or if you're Andy Naylor "a pantomime villian"
2) for the infamous goal where he hid behind the keeper and got the ball from him
3) Peter Ward
4) Johnny Crumplin
5) Yes , but he'll never talk about it
6) Michel Kuiper the Former Dutch Marine (chef)
7) the Infamous Chewitt kit
8) Bellottis Space , with Archer in the middle (that's if a hitman isn't avaliable)
9) I genuinely don't know :down:
10) worst ever Albion player

:)

Can't be arsed to type out exactly what Ash has put, but they were my answers too. (without the Nayloy bit in Q1)

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
Of course who really cares about all the JCL fans helping to pack out our lovely new stadium. However, as you introduce yourself to your seat neighbour would it not be nice to test their credentials:

Let me test your JCL credential....

1. What was the result in our first ever Div 2 game and who scored 5 goals?

2. Brighton reserves v Notts County reserves 1966.. what was the crowd? And who scored the only goal of the game?

3. How many fingers did Wally Gould play with?

4. What was Brian Dear's goal celebration like?

5. What was Don Shanks most famous for? (not football!)....

etc etc.....

OK... you were trying to be funny... but jeez... you are as JCL as they come my boy.... ;-)

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
1. What was the result in our first ever Div 2 game and who scored 5 goals? - Ah trick question. What division 2 you talking about. Championship, div 1 and div 2 have all been called division 2 in their time. In fact division 2 is still known as division 2.

2. Brighton reserves v Notts County reserves 1966.. what was the crowd? And who scored the only goal of the game? Ah another trick. We never played them. We did in 1967 but not 1966.

3. How many fingers did Wally Gould play with? Some would say ten, but two of them were thumbs.

4. What was Brian Dear's goal celebration like? Another trick. Never scored other than an own goal, and it was head in hands.

5. What was Don Shanks most famous for? (not football!).... Shagged anything that moved.

What do I win?

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
1. What was the result in our first ever Div 2 game and who scored 5 goals? - Ah trick question. What division 2 you talking about. Championship, div 1 and div 2 have all been called division 2 in their time. In fact division 2 is still known as division 2.

2. Brighton reserves v Notts County reserves 1966.. what was the crowd? And who scored the only goal of the game? Ah another trick. We never played them. We did in 1967 but not 1966.

3. How many fingers did Wally Gould play with? Some would say ten, but two of them were thumbs.

4. What was Brian Dear's goal celebration like? Another trick. Never scored other than an own goal, and it was head in hands.

5. What was Don Shanks most famous for? (not football!).... Shagged anything that moved.

What do I win?

1. Don't matter which div 2... only one person scored 5...

2. My memory is poor but Whittingham scored...

3. Correct!

4. No he scored a few - 5 goals in 7 games... I copied his finger in the air walking back to the centre circle for many years... (even if i played right back and only ever scored twice... but I did copy his alcohol consumption too)

5. Miss World (after Besty had discarded her... )

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I like the qestion "who was in goal in a wardy wonderland" very clever and here was me trying to work out if it was more Eric Steele or Graham Moseley, when of course it is in fact Peter Ward.....respect very good :bowdown:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
1. Don't matter which div 2... only one person scored 5...

2. My memory is poor but Whittingham scored...

A pedant writes : It was Whittington not Whittingham
And the answer to question 1 is : We lost 0 - 9 to Middlesborough and Brian Clough scored 5

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
7. Why was our 1991 away kit strawberry and sweet ?

Up close it was white with red squiggles on it (and looked like a chewit???), however from a distance it looked pink and looked bl00dy awful (saw a few in the crowd on Saturday too).

1. Who and what is Scott Mcgleish! - A Prick
2. Why was George sneakey? -Iz it cause hes bleck
3. In a ' Wardy' wonderland team who is in goal? - Alice
4. Forget Einstein, who is the only genius to have played for the Albion? - Ashley Barnes
5. Has Mark Lawrenson ever played for the Albion? - Yes. But he liked to play with Alan Hansen
6. Who could handle a pair of clogs, an AK47 and a collander with consumate ease? - Probably the same bloke who found it hard to handle a ball
7. Why was our 1991 away kit strawberry and sweet ? - Cause it used stratch and sniff techonology
8. Why is it just plain wrong to put Guy Fawkes on top of a bonfire? - Cause all MPs are **** and deserve to be blown up.....
9. Hans Kraays favorite dance on match day was? - Lap
10. Mark Farrington holds what distinction? - Giving the best blow job ever.... well thats the only reason I could come up with for him playing in an Albion shirt.

Laughed all the way through, great stuff :lol:

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
1) Orient striker
2) Gerorge Parris (hid behind goalpost (very thin) and stole ball from keeper)
3) Peter Ward
4) Johnny Crumplin
5) Yes but he doesn't like to talk about it.
6)Michel Kuipers
7) Pink ( no idea)
8) Then there would be no room for Bellotti and Archer
9) The Hop?
10) The worst striker ever to play for the Albion (Richard Tiltman doesn't count)

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Thanks for posting the link, from the South Stand angle it does look a tiny bit like a foul on the keeper, but nevertheless a classic Albion goal.

Watching from the North Stand I wasn't really sure what had happened at the time.

One of the few games I remember us winning that season.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Farrington was poor in terms of the fee paid for him and the expectation on his shoulders as a result, but for my money, there have been plenty of worse players. We finished second bottom of the entire Football League two years running in the 1990s, which rather suggests there were some quite appalling players in that era.

Ricardo Gabbiadini, Ashley Neal, Michael Mahoney-Johnson, Valur Gislason, Damien Hilton: it could be a very long list.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Ricardo Gabbiadini, Ashley Neal, Michael Mahoney-Johnson, Valur Gislason, Damien Hilton: it could be a very long list.

He was the worst...

But then again that Scandanavian lad from 'the Arsenal' (Gislason?) was f***ing atrocious also!!!!

On the subject of 'new' season ticket holders, I don't have a problem. If it means that we fill the ground, I'm all for it.

PS one of my mates went to Bournemouth away, his first Albion game in about 10 years, and he did actually say at a particular quiet moment, but loudly, "Does Zamora still play for us?"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If looks could kill from fans around him......!!!!

[yt]GpvCB2ZZzhk[/yt]

His bumping of the lower body of the keeper before claiming that ball, would be a foul and a yellow with 99% of refs.
But it is now Albion legend, so he's aaallright!

The goalie probably should not have attempted to save after that, and he might have got sympathy from the referee. His effort in afterthought probably lent some legitimacy to Sneaky George's fine work :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here