Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The johnny come lately test paper

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Of course who really cares about all the JCL fans helping to pack out our lovely new stadium. However, as you introduce yourself to your seat neighbour would it not be nice to test their credentials:

This is my top 10

1. Who and what is Scott Mcgleish!
2. Why was George sneakey?
3. In a ' Wardy' wonderland team who is in goal?
4. Forget Einstein, who is the only genius to have played for the Albion?
5. Has Mark Lawrenson ever played for the Albion?
6. Who could handle a pair of clogs, an AK47 and a collander with consumate ease?
7. Why was our 1991 away kit strawberry and sweet ?
8. Why is it just plain wrong to put Guy Fawkes on top of a bonfire?
9. Hans Kraays favorite dance on match day was?
10. Mark Farrington holds what distinction?

Ok folks that's my version and of course I appreciate that the answer to Q10 is a matter of opinion.

Last edited:

1. Manager of Birmingham City
2. Is he the slithery snake that terrorised the Chicken Run?
3. Nick Rust
4. Jermaine Jenius
5. He's never mentioned it, so no
6. I know this one! David Bellotti
7. Something to do with Chris Cattlin's Rock Shop
8. Blowing up parliament would upset John Prescott
9. Was he the Albion player who was related to Mad Frankie Fraser?
10. Didn't he shag Mrs Bellotti? Or was that Mark Fowler?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Of course who really cares about all the JCL fans helping to pack out our lovely new stadium. However, as you introduce yourself to your seat neighbour would it not be nice to test their credentials:

This is my top 10

1. Who and what is Scott MaCleish!

Good question. Who is Scott MaCleish?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
1. A Leyton Orient player?
2. No idea
3. Eric Steele?
4. Robert Codner?
5. Yes
6. FDM
7. It looked pink
8. Because it should be Ar**er and Be**otti
9. No idea
10. The worst?

From a JCL who has been following the Albion since 1958................

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i can only answer 3. does that mean i have to hand in my last ticket to the Goldstone and various memoribilia of the past decades success, or does it mean you should f*** off with this tedious JCL bollocks ???

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
i can only answer 3. does that mean i have to hand in my last ticket to the Goldstone and various memoribilia of the past decades success, or does it mean you should f*** off with this tedious JCL bollocks ???

Christ you really are a humourless twat. It was just a bit of fun and should you read it again you may note that I am not actually moaning about JCL fans.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
1. Who and what is Scott Mcgleish! - Scott McGleish, is a wanker, is a wanker.
2. Why was George sneakey? - Dunno
3. In a ' Wardy' wonderland team who is in goal? -Peter Ward
4. Forget Einstein, who is the only genius to have played for the Albion? - Johnny Crumplin
5. Has Mark Lawrenson ever played for the Albion? Yes
6. Who could handle a pair of clogs, an AK47 and a collander with consumate ease? - Michel Kuipers
7. Why was our 1991 away kit strawberry and sweet ? - Dunno
8. Why is it just plain wrong to put Guy Fawkes on top of a bonfire? - Because Bellotti belongs up there (with Bill Archer in the middle)
9. Hans Kraays favorite dance on match day was? - Dunno
10. Mark Farrington holds what distinction? - Nope

My genuine attempt having been watching since '97. Fail?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
1) a complete and utter fat c**t , but I guess the answers either "is a wanker,is a wanker" or if you're Andy Naylor "a pantomime villian"
2) for the infamous goal where he hid behind the keeper and got the ball from him
3) Peter Ward
4) Johnny Crumplin
5) Yes , but he'll never talk about it
6) Michel Kuiper the Former Dutch Marine (chef)
7) the Infamous Chewitt kit
8) Bellottis Space , with Archer in the middle (that's if a hitman isn't avaliable)
9) I genuinely don't know :down:
10) worst ever Albion player

:)

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
That question about Hans Kraay brought back Goldstone memories for me! :lolol:

For those too young to know, Hans used to pogo up and down, right in the face of the goalie when we had a corner - and I only ever recall one ref stopping him!

Anyone remember singing 'OOOOH! IT'S A CORNER, OOOOH! IT'S A CORNER...'?

My question would be which salad vegetable did people bring to the Goldstone for a whole season, and sing about?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
1. Who and what is Scott Mcgleish! - A Prick
2. Why was George sneakey? -Iz it cause hes bleck
3. In a ' Wardy' wonderland team who is in goal? - Alice
4. Forget Einstein, who is the only genius to have played for the Albion? - Ashley Barnes
5. Has Mark Lawrenson ever played for the Albion? - Yes. But he liked to play with Alan Hansen
6. Who could handle a pair of clogs, an AK47 and a collander with consumate ease? - Probably the same bloke who found it hard to handle a ball
7. Why was our 1991 away kit strawberry and sweet ? - Cause it used stratch and sniff techonology
8. Why is it just plain wrong to put Guy Fawkes on top of a bonfire? - Cause all MPs are **** and deserve to be blown up.....
9. Hans Kraays favorite dance on match day was? - Lap
10. Mark Farrington holds what distinction? - Giving the best blow job ever.... well thats the only reason I could come up with for him playing in an Albion shirt.

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
The answer to Lady Seagull is 'celery', but no lady should know or recall the words. They were a little saucy in places!

Hans Kraay was a god send on many levels. Only here for a season, he was one of our early overseas players, following Sergei Gotsmanov and others. A totally committed player, who sometimes was a bit too commited, but his passion for the shirt was unquestionable. How many players could you say that about over the years?

Mark Farrington is a complicated case in point. That chap was slagged off from the chicken run, across to the West Stand seats and back again.

Two things about "Fazza" that a lot of people don't know

1) The chap was never really ever fit. Everytime he got near to full fitness, another niggly injury would occur. To his credit, he would often take a jab, and then go out and play... absolutely shit!

2) He was a very generous man in the sense that he always gave all his ticket allocation away to those he met who couldn't afford a ticket. This is even more remarkable when you remember he was a scouser!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here