Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I do not agree with the political views of Jeremy Corbyn, but I always thought that he was a decent and honest man.

Turns out he is as bent as the rest of them, just far less electable.

I do love the excuse that the chairs that look empty on the CCTV are in fact occupied by very small people :D

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
So tax-dodging train service owner tried to discredit a politician who wants to make a case for renationalising. Then shows a photo of JC walking past a row of reserved seats! I know who I trust and it ain't that Guy Fawkes look alike Virgin magnet.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No - not at all. Just can't stand deceitful politicians.
Probably best stay away from politics then. If that nasty Mr. Corbyn has upset you so much, how are you going to cope when you realise that t'other lot (or any other lot, for that matter) are just the same, and just a bad.
Let me give you an example: "Where there is discord, may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth. Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. And where there is despair, may we bring hope". That, unbelievably, was the Thatcher woman! Now do you seriously believe Corbyn is any more devious or hypocritical than that?
If you do, I stand by my comment: you must be very new to politics. Anyway, this Corbyn thing is boring - I have no further interest.
:yawn:

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Pretty stupid stuff. I don't know many cafes that have taken the piss out of their customers for years by making excess profits based on a private monopoly that means even the shoddiest of "services" has to be grudgingly taken up...

Same old Tories.

Monopoly's are the monpoply of the public sector! The shoddiest services are always provided by the public sector (no incentive, no carrot, no stick, no hope - Britain in the 60's,70's, 80's)!

Anti private endeavour - an absolute essential for all Corbyn's disciples.

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
Probably best stay away from politics then. If that nasty Mr. Corbyn has upset you so much, how are you going to cope when you realise that t'other lot (or any other lot, for that matter) are just the same, and just a bad.
Let me give you an example: "Where there is discord, may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth. Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. And where there is despair, may we bring hope". That, unbelievably, was the Thatcher woman! Now do you seriously believe Corbyn is any more devious or hypocritical than that?
If you do, I stand by my comment: you must be very new to politics. Anyway, this Corbyn thing is boring - I have no further interest.

I can't stand politics or politicians & do try to 'stay away' as you put it. I actually agree with you - lots of politicians, of all parties, are serial liars. I'm bored aswell ... Happy voting!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Corbyn pitch is he is honest and different from the politicians we have had to date. This proves that is a shame, he is just another bulls**tter trying to get votes. Couple that with policies that are pre historic and his acceptance of bullying in his party to protect his position means he is unacceptable as a leader

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Monopoly's are the monpoply of the public sector! The shoddiest services are always provided by the public sector (no incentive, no carrot, no stick, no hope - Britain in the 60's,70's, 80's)!

Anti private endeavour - an absolute essential for all Corbyn's disciples.

THIS

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Seat reservations are put out before the start of the journey. If you read them you will see they are reserved from station x to station y. If you haven't arrived at station x or have gone past station y the seat can be sat in by anyone.

synavm

May 2, 2013
I think Corbyn is barking up the wrong tree by harping back to the nationalisation vs. privatisation argument. Mutualisation- Co-Ops, Social Enterprise, Mutuals - should be the future. I do not for the life of me understand why social democratic parties aren't pushing this. It's a win for fighting inequality and a cost effective way of managing our services, whilst retaining an incentive to provide a good service. Both national and state monopolies lack accountability and that means we all suffer.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So tax-dodging train service owner tried to discredit a politician who wants to make a case for renationalising. Then shows a photo of JC walking past a row of reserved seats! I know who I trust and it ain't that Guy Fawkes look alike Virgin magnet.

You need to look a bit further. There are also photos of him walking past empty seats. His excuse was that people left their bags on them. Would you leave a bag unattended on a train? He then changed his story saying he wanted two seats together to sit next to his wife. When you deceive people, it's best to stick to one story at a time.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jeremy-corbyn-admits-walked-past-8695739

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You need to look a bit further. There are also photos of him walking past empty seats. His excuse was that people left their bags on them. Would you leave a bag unattended on a train? He then changed his story saying he wanted two seats together to sit next to his wife. When you deceive people, it's best to stick to one story at a time.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jeremy-corbyn-admits-walked-past-8695739

Corbyn is an arse hole.As a labour voting type, this makes me May favourable. Not happy.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Corbyn pitch is he is honest and different from the politicians we have had to date. This proves that is a shame, he is just another bulls**tter trying to get votes. Couple that with policies that are pre historic and his acceptance of bullying in his party to protect his position means he is unacceptable as a leader

Can't help but agree with this but whatever happens he won't go. In fact the left will never relinquish the power they now have in the Labour Party, irrespective of how unelectable that may make the party and . What we are witnessing is the slow, drawn out demise through division of a once proud party. The left value power within the Labour Party far higher than they value being in government. The split is unavoidable and inevitable.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I see Corbyns right hand man, John McDonnell, has failed to declare a £30k donation. Small beer for the Labour trotskyites?!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You have to smile. When Jezza was elected leader he was applauded and lorded and was going to get the Labour party to the top again......according to many on here.
Now he is a laughing stock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here