Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
spinning-plates-o.gif

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Labour MP's must be on another planet. their core constituency voted for Brexit in huge numbers not because of Corbyn's lacklustre campaigning, but because across large swathes of northern Britain, rightly or wrongly, they see nothing positive about the EU and the freedom of movement, which mostly works in one way and only impacts their lives negatively. Corbyn was elected not long ago with the overwhelming support of party members. If he's forced out, Labour could tear themselves apart just when a strong united opposition is needed. I despair of our political class.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Maria Eagle gone too now.

• 12:37 Maria Eagle quits as Shadow Culture Secretary.
  • 12:16 Shadow Welsh Secretary Nia Griffith quits along with junior Susan Jones.

Jezza has popular support in the country (apparently) so now he can bring the Labour shadow cabinet in line with that.

What will the 'rats' do... cling on to the wreckage of Labour, or are we at a 'Gang of 35' moment?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Why are these MPs resigning in dribs and drabs? Is there a concerted plan to make it look as bad for Corbyn as possible or are they still unsure that Corbyn is the right man for the job?

Some of it will be planned (i suspect the ones yesterday were) to be a sequence of pressure.

Today I suspect will be based on people not liking how he's handled it since yesterday (private comments he may have made, who he's appointed in the roles, bullying or cajoling from his allies ) as well as pressure from their own close groups to go be they members, local associations etc

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It's not you Jeremy, it's them...

you are probably right
just hope that Tom Watson has enough sway to convince him that he should go and maybe pull the strings and find another who might be electable
lets face it they could put a monkey up who is fairly intelligent at the next election and says the right things and get in

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
None of them have the principles to resign as MP's or from the party yet though, that is telling

Yes, it's telling that they wish to continue to represent their constituencies. It's telling that they believe a united Labour party can achieve great things.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
None of them have the principles to resign as MP's or from the party yet though, that is telling

It really isn't. You're talking crap just because your left wing grandee is being hung out to dry. But rather than accept this is happening because he isn't very good, you'd rather THIRTY FIVE people all called a by-election?

An MP should never feel the need to resign as an MP just because they have no confidence in the leader. If they are no longer taking the party whip, I'd agree. They weren't voted in by the electorate just to blindly agree with the party leader, especially if they think he's not up to the job.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

They arguably have bigger mandates than jezza has. People voted for them to represent them in parliament. People voted for Corbyn to be leader simply they can't work with him. What do you want them to do, defect to the snp* or lib dems

* Brighton and Hove had an snp councillor in 1999

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here