Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jam reforming for Knebworth Gigs

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
were in a pub at the weekend chatting like olds mates supposedly and the main topic was the gigs next year.

Cant wait going to be massive.

north stander

Banned
Nov 5, 2003
the outer limits
THE JAM

just read this thread.so i went onto the paul weller web stite.and paul states it is bollocks about the jam reforming for those gigs next year.what a crying shame...........

Be great if it happened. I think Weller's gone on record before as saying he'd NEVER reform the Jam. Besides, I thought him and Foxton fell out years ago and haven't spoken since?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone who claims to be a Jam fan would know that that is never ever going to happen. No matter how much you've gotta love Wellard, he totally fvcked over Buckler and Foxton financially and the only re-union they'll be having will be in court or in a boxing ring.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'd go - top band saw their last concerts at the Brighton centre.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Who needs the Jam ? Just have Weller up there belting out Going Underground (the best funeral song ever!).. Get him to sort his OAP voice out first and he'll be away!

Bruce Foxton is in Stiff Little Fingers these days. I saw them at the Astoria a while back, still f***ing excellent after all these years.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I saw SLF doing a St Patricks gig in Manchester earlier this year. Jake Burns still rabble rousing, but all the stuff from Alternative Ulster still as fantastic as ever.

Weller absolultely screwed Foxton and Butler, sadly there will be no reunion. He never spoke to them, sent a Christmas card or anything after the band broke up, utter :censored: for doing that to his mates.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Saw Weller last month in Toronto accoustic show. Great show. Paul was really into it. Saw him and the band about February in Toronto also. Top show, one of the best i've seen. Don't know why he came over twice this year he has not been in Toronto for about 5 years. Even if you were not a Jam fan his stuff now is great!

David

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I'd be there, get the Jamm to support and it would be a Jamtatsic Mod fest !!!

marvellous:clap:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The Jam where awsome . . . .but a reunion is a bad idea, fortunately it'll never happen . . . . how ever you percieve the splite up of the band, Weller has produced some of his best material solo, although All Mod Cons takes some beating !

and SLF are a brilliant band too

I think Rick Buckler drank all his royalties didnt he . . .hes now a furniture restorer ?

I wasnt aware that Weller shafted them . . .he did after all write all the songs, arrange them, and run the band, as well as front the whole thing. they where one of the best three piece bands ever though :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here