Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The " ITS TOO FECKING HOT " rant

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What the feck is going on !. Its got to the stage when 80 degrees is now a cool day and anything below 60 at night is cold. We have had temperatures of over 80 for about 2 weeks now and tomorrow Gatwick will hit 95 fahreinheit, only 23 fahrenheit above average for the time of year. Last Wednesday it reached 97 degrees.

The Sussex Farmers will be able to grow Oranges, Lemons and Pineapples soon. We will see row upon row of Whitewashed houses with slated windows in Southwick, its time to demand a 12-3 Siesta.

I am fed up with sweaty nuts, a ripe and moist bottom, having to peel my trousers off in the evening, my socks having a life of their own and I am truely pissed off night after night sweating more than George Galloway at an Army base in Iraq.

What I would give for a 60 degree day and 45 degree night. My dogs are flaked out , I am hot and irritable and enough is enough.

Anyone else suffering ???

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I've time-shifted my life so I don't see midday anymore. Not sustainable mentally in the long term, but it has to stop being hot as f*** soon.

What makes it worse is that its as hot here as it is for you, yet its normally 5c colder here, so I'm really, really not used to this.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I cuffing LOVE it. My back garden is a little oasis to come home to after work. Get the shorts & flipflops on, relax on my sumptuous patio furniture under the gazibo with a beer or some home-made sangria. Couple of bratwursts on the barbie, toddle around watering the plants, then wile away the evening under the halogen light playing cards with the missus.

You'll soon be missing it when its damp and foggy Uncle S. Make the most of it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
34c/93f - Tuesday
35c/95f - Wednesday
32c/90f - Thursday
32c/90f - Friday

Average 22c/72f

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Easy 10 said:
Well I cuffing LOVE it. My back garden is a little oasis to come home to after work. Get the shorts & flipflops on, relax on my sumptuous patio furniture under the gazibo with a beer or some home-made sangria. Couple of bratwursts on the barbie, toddle around watering the plants, then wile away the evening under the halogen light playing cards with the missus.

You'll soon be missing it when its damp and foggy Uncle S. Make the most of it.

I'm with you buddy, this weather is tremendious

LOVE IT !!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
This is what our central London office is like right now.

And the ****ing water cooler is empty too.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
MYOB said:
If you can arrange for it to be damp and foggy here, let me know please. :jester:
I can certainly arrange dampness, although probably not the kind you have in mind.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Uncle Spielberg said:
I am fed up with sweaty nuts, a ripe and moist bottom, having to peel my trousers off in the evening, my socks having a life of their own and I am truely pissed off night after night sweating more than George Galloway at an Army base in Iraq.

Tell me about it! Was working night shift last week and trying to sleep during the day was impossible. You just lay there sweating like a paedophile in toys-r-us

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Sooo hot here. I am sliding off my black leather upholstered chair (ooh I sound like HB&B ;) )and the fan is not powerful enough. Great at the weekends, but working in this heat is not good. European caucasians are not designed to cope!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
this weather SUCKS for:
a) working in
b) playing football/football training in
c) sleeping in

this weather ROCKS for:
a) Women being all (un)dressed up in virtually nothing
b) Ice-Cream
c) Relaxing on my HAMMOCK in the garden listening to the CRICKET
b) Women having very little on again!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
f*** sake. Would you prefer it was grey and wet and shit? Too f***ing hot indeed :nono:

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Uncle Spielberg said:
What the feck is going on !. Its got to the stage when 80 degrees is now a cool day and anything below 60 at night is cold. We have had temperatures of over 80 for about 2 weeks now and tomorrow Gatwick will hit 95 fahreinheit, only 23 fahrenheit above average for the time of year. Last Wednesday it reached 97 degrees.

The Sussex Farmers will be able to grow Oranges, Lemons and Pineapples soon. We will see row upon row of Whitewashed houses with slated windows in Southwick, its time to demand a 12-3 Siesta.

What I would give for a 60 degree day and 45 degree night. My dogs are flaked out , I am hot and irritable and enough is enough.

Anyone else suffering ???

Chill Out Dude :smokin:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I love this weather.. I only wish it were HOTTER.. the cold plays havoc with my knees dontcha know. :O

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I love it. Shorts, flip-flops, beer, BBQ. No need to go on holiday when it's like this.
:smokin: :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here