Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] The Interview of the Century

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I see Oprah Winfrey in an interview this morning said that Harry told her it wasn't The Queen or The Duke of Edinburgh who made the skin colour comment. Didn't say who though.

Seems to be a bit of confusion between Harry and Meghan as to when it was actually said as well.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

I don’t know this Meghan, any more than you do. But you seem keen to verbally assault her for some reason.

Why are people so protective of the royal family. An outdated institution, one day people will look back and laugh at the birthright worship some have.

I don't believe her. I am proud to be British and the Royal Family, like it or not, are synonymous with Britain. I don't agree with everything they do, naturally. The same could be said with believing Meghan by default. She comes across very badly regardless of your position on the monarchy

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I see Oprah Winfrey in an interview this morning said that Harry told her it wasn't The Queen or The Duke of Edinburgh who made the skin colour comment. Didn't say who though.

Seems to be a bit of confusion between Harry and Meghan as to when it was actually said as well.

Indeed, for me that’s the only part of the interview that angered me as I think they are using racial tensions to stir up sympathy, you simply shouldn’t be allowed to make claims like this without factually stating who you are accusing, as it just leads to a massive ‘who dunnit’ and creates a further shit storm, with fingers pointed at the queen and heir to the throne as well as your brother and his wife.

I really believe if this what actually said, in the manner in which they have suggested, they would have named who said it and my opinion of the pair of them soured massively after this, I’d be surprised if they are officially stripped of all titles for bringing this farce on the royal family.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Whatever it is I’m against it.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
No, I’m an international jewel thief with anarchist tendencies.

You're just a contrarian who says the opposite of public opinion to feel special and noticed. You don't even believe the things you say. An anarchist then, basically.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I call bullshit on that story too. I mean, look at the parents.

6C2D47F0-57E2-4880-931B-99816B9AE30C.jpeg

Oops! Sorry. Wrong one.

850D0882-C9DB-4EA7-BEF8-73606C370D6A.jpeg

Not-a-Prince Archie was was obviously going to be light skinned. I didn’t even know Meghan was mixed race until I read it somewhere. I’d probably seen her on TV a few times by then.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Indeed, for me that’s the only part of the interview that angered me as I think they are using racial tensions to stir up sympathy, you simply shouldn’t be allowed to make claims like this without factually stating who you are accusing, as it just leads to a massive ‘who dunnit’ and creates a further shit storm, with fingers pointed at the queen and heir to the throne as well as your brother and his wife.

I really believe if this what actually said, in the manner in which they have suggested, they would have named who said it and my opinion of the pair of them soured massively after this, I’d be surprised if they are officially stripped of all titles for bringing this farce on the royal family.

its also possible one or both of them dont know as they heard about it second hand. or there's a context missing.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Decided to watch some key segments of the interview and I thought it was incredibly dull, what a storm in a teacup.

Meghan making the racism claims was all too predictable, don’t get me wrong if the baby skin colour comment was made then it’s undeniably wrong but to claim such a serious thing publicly and not name the perpetrator really does stink and all it does is create a storm that apparently they have been trying to avoid.

I must admit my opinion of the two decreased massively I thought it came across as extremely rehearsed and bitter, almost as if it was directed by an actress, I found the comments about the British being inherently racist absolutely despicable considering they’ve moved to the US, look at all these racists lining the streets for them!View attachment 134627

Damn straight, I don’t want to hear any footballers moan about racism. Haven’t they seen how many people pay to go and watch them play!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't believe her. I am proud to be British and the Royal Family, like it or not, are synonymous with Britain. I don't agree with everything they do, naturally. The same could be said with believing Meghan by default. She comes across very badly regardless of your position on the monarchy

You don't believe her. So you are saying she is telling lies.

You have no evidence she is telling lies. For balance, we have no evidence she is telling the truth either.

Your opinion is only formed by images and narratives that are fed to you, unless you know everyone involved personally.

You say that you are proud to be British and the royal family effectively is a tag to that.

Here is a beautiful summary of the problem why the tabloids have so much sway over opinion.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
its also possible one or both of them dont know as they heard about it second hand. or there's a context missing.

Exactly. We don’t know any details. Maybe the ‘unknown royal’ was actually worried whether the kid would turn out ginger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I have to admit that I have never enjoyed so much RF attention than this morning and I cannot wait to watch the interview in all its glory tonight.

So the RF now 'allegedly' have elements of sexual misconduct (putting it lightly), racism, bullying, work shyness and lack of empathy to mental health while still being a shining example to the people of Britain and the Commonwealth.

And that’s without even going into Prince “I don’t sweat” Andrew and his escapades with his mate Epstein.

I don’t blame Harry and his wife wanting to run a mile from that lot. Maybe now people will wake up to how silly this Royal worship is.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

You have no evidence she is telling lies. For balance, we have no evidence she is telling the truth either.

the claims of financial cut off, no where to live are untrue.

the claims around the "prince" title are also false. it is not normal for great grandchildren of monarch to be styled prince on birth.Queen made a change specifically for William's children, the decision for Harry's children not to be styled Prince/Princess was made well before Meghan appeared.
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celeb...meghan-markle-prince-harry-kids-royal-titles/

so not very reliable witness.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds

Your opinion is only formed by images and narratives that are fed to you, unless you know everyone involved personally.

You say that you are proud to be British and the royal family effectively is a tag to that.

Here is a beautiful summary of the problem why the tabloids have so much sway over opinion.

This is it, ultimately - we simply don’t know what has gone on and no number of interviews, rebuttals or counter statements are going to make the situation any clearer unless someone has and wishes to present some concrete evidence.

What’s clear enough is that the couple’s relationship with the wider royal family has deteriorated to a very sorry point, and I don’t think think anyone is going to come out of this mess looking very good. Other than the financial aspect, I’m not sure what they were looking to gain from the interview as even if their account is 100% accurate, it’s still going to be left up to the people (or more pertinently the tabloid media) as to whether or not to believe them. Already, the interview has raised more questions than it has answered.

I’m going to refrain from making judgement with the actual facts still so very sketchy, and because I also don’t care all that much.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
She didn’t know what she was marrying into, and nor did he.
One thing that really annoyed me was that they actually got married three days before millions was spent on a pageant.
Personally I am disappointed for his brother who seems like a nice bloke and who will now have to deal with the consequences of this U.S. newsfest.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
And that’s without even going into Prince “I don’t sweat” Edward and his escapades with his mate Epstein.

I don’t blame Harry and his wife wanting to run a mile from that lot. Maybe now people will wake up to how silly this Royal worship is.

Andrew surely, what's Eddie done?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
She didn’t know what she was marrying into, and nor did he.
One thing that really annoyed me was that they actually got married three days before millions was spent on a pageant.
Personally I am disappointed for his brother who seems like a nice bloke and who will now have to deal with the consequences of this U.S. newsfest.

yes, if my missus reaction to that is anything to go by, thats a revelation they may wish they hadnt made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here